NEW: Got questions about energy? Put them to Gary and Andrew from MSE's Utilities team during our energy-themed 'Ask An Expert' event. Check back here from Tuesday 9 August, 12pm

Advice needed please

in IVA & DRO
4 replies 81 views
gazzabun84gazzabun84 Forumite
13 Posts
10 Posts
Forumite
I never knew about DRO and was thinking of going bankrupt.
my question is about what expenses is realistic.
I have 4 daughters 15, 12, 9 and 3.
I pay £590 PM CSA.
I also have them 2/3 days per week.
so what's a realistic clothes budget, shopping budget, pocket money.
just want to get the process started but also need to keep within the £50 surplus

Replies

• fatbellyfatbelly Forumite
    17.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Cashback Cashier
    Forumite
    Try to stick to actual figures as you may be asked to evidence them.

The way to get the ball rolling is to get an appointment with an intermediary - stepchange and Citizens Advice do most of them. If the intermediary isn't happy to put you forward for a DRO then you still have your bankruptcy option - and you don't need anyone's help as that's just an online process.
  • gazzabun84gazzabun84 Forumite
    13 Posts
    10 Posts
    Forumite
    thanks. yea I can prove all of the figures I just wasn't sure if they would be happy that I'm paying out that as im not sure if csa should cover the costs for the kids
  • fatbellyfatbelly Forumite
    17.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Cashback Cashier
    Forumite
    I think it is likely that if you are paying £590 per month to the Parent with Care (is that still the right term?) then they would expect that person to pay for clothing and pocket money. Of course you are expected to feed them when they are with you and the CMS would have taken that into account when determining the figure.
  • gazzabun84gazzabun84 Forumite
    13 Posts
    10 Posts
    Forumite
    yes the mother is the primary carer.
    I have the kids but because I work nights I don't have them overnight loads so that's how she claims more through csa as they only go off how many nights, not how many times a week you feed them ect.
    also I buy clothes for mine and she buys for hers