Split tickets rail

Just purchased some split tickets for long rail journey.  There are about 6.  It’s in 3 weeks time.  Any idea what happens if they change train times after 15 may covid rules change?

Comments

• daveyjp
    daveyjp Posts: 12,521 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    You can cancel for a full refund or you can travel on the next available service and if you are late as a result claim delay repay.

Both of the above are potentially far easier to do if you have booked through a train operating company and not a booking agent, split ticket site etc.
  • pammy14
    pammy14 Posts: 177 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Booked through raileasy, so presume that is a booking agent.
  • yorkie2
    yorkie2 Posts: 1,595 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 3 May 2021 at 1:00AM
    Seek advice on a dedicated rail fare advice forum if this happens; people will be able to provide bespoke advice. Indeed this happened today for a journey from Shrewsbury to Helensburgh

Raileasy, Traintickets.com and Raileurope use a journey planner data provider called Atomised who do not update the timetable as regularly as other providers, which can be problematic.

I buy my split tickets through Trainsplit who use a different provider, who updates their data regularly, meaning I can be confident that the journey is definitely valid at the time I book it. If the times subsequently change, the liability is with the relevant train company.

The itinerary provided with the ticket(s) is evidence of your contractual right to travel.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback