Administration

Options
Hi I've received a letter from  cst law who have been referred to by credit style ltd on behalf of tonik energy (in administration now) for a debt I owe them .does this debt still have to be paid even tho tonik are in administration?

Comments

• Hasbeen
    Hasbeen Posts: 4,404 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi I've received a letter from  cst law who have been referred to by credit style ltd on behalf of tonik energy (in administration now) for a debt I owe them .does this debt still have to be paid even tho tonik are in administration?
    Yes.

The administrators will require all debts to be paid.

To attempt to give creditors some payment back
    The world is not ruined by the wickedness of the wicked, but by the weakness of the good. Napoleon
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Why wouldn’t it be payable? If any company goes bust, the appointed Receiver will seek to recover all debts owed to the failed company and, based on the amount it recovers, it will repay creditors of the failed company a certain amount per £ owed with secured creditors getting first dibs.
  • Cardew
    Cardew Posts: 29,037 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options

Welcome to the forum.

Above posts correct, in addition this Debt Collection Agency(DCA) have probably added their costs to the Tonik debt. You should check that and also your credit record for a 'black mark' related to this debt.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback