Easyjet prepaid eurocard refund

I have been trying for some time now to get a refund into my bank account of the balance on my Prepaid euro card originally issued by Easyjet. I seem to be being fobbed off by exelaonline (whoever this company is!). The last time I called the number 01753 778785, I was hanging on for such a long time and a young lady answered who asked which company the card was issued from and did not inspire an awful lot of confidence in me that the set up is genuine. I have had another email from them responding to mine, saying that it will be another 28 days before my account will be credited. I had asked whether I could go and get the money out of an ATM machine now but she said that the money had already been taken out of my card and so it was apparently useless. I couldn't do this before then because of the COVID restrictions.
I'm just wondering now whether this whole refund issue is genuine. They have until the end of next week to reimburse me and when the next 28 days are up!
Can anybody please advise whether they have actually received a refund from them? Also can anybody give me some advice on what to do if my refund is not forthcoming.
Many thanks

Comments

• born_again
    born_again Posts: 14,422 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Atwitsend said:
    I have been trying for some time now to get a refund into my bank account of the balance on my Prepaid euro card originally issued by Easyjet. I seem to be being fobbed off by exelaonline (whoever this company is!). The last time I called the number 01753 778785, I was hanging on for such a long time and a young lady answered who asked which company the card was issued from and did not inspire an awful lot of confidence in me that the set up is genuine. I have had another email from them responding to mine, saying that it will be another 28 days before my account will be credited. I had asked whether I could go and get the money out of an ATM machine now but she said that the money had already been taken out of my card and so it was apparently useless. I couldn't do this before then because of the COVID restrictions.
    I'm just wondering now whether this whole refund issue is genuine. They have until the end of next week to reimburse me and when the next 28 days are up!
    Can anybody please advise whether they have actually received a refund from them? Also can anybody give me some advice on what to do if my refund is not forthcoming.
    Many thanks
    Many of these companies will be front line support for a lot of different pre paid cards, as it will be farmed out to a 3rd party.
    Life in the slow lane
  • Yep - I reckon my money's gone. I today phoned the 01753 number quoted in their email and finished up speaking to a juvenile voice in a far-away land. She went thru the motions but was pretty unhelpful and the 28 day wait for my claim to be processed has definitely expired - still no transfer into my UK bank . . . I followed up this conversation with an email to them which elicited a response that the email address could not be found. 
    That's would appear to signify that my pre-covid 600euros card balance disappeared into thin air (or did I mean Wirecard?) No Euro holiday plans for me . . . Happy days eh!
  • Atwitsend
    Atwitsend Posts: 20 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    geebs46 said:
    Yep - I reckon my money's gone. I today phoned the 01753 number quoted in their email and finished up speaking to a juvenile voice in a far-away land. She went thru the motions but was pretty unhelpful and the 28 day wait for my claim to be processed has definitely expired - still no transfer into my UK bank . . . I followed up this conversation with an email to them which elicited a response that the email address could not be found. 
    That's would appear to signify that my pre-covid 600euros card balance disappeared into thin air (or did I mean Wirecard?) No Euro holiday plans for me . . . Happy days eh!
    Think you should make an official complaint to the Financial Regulator. That’s what I shall be doing after this week
  • wiseonesomeofthetime
    wiseonesomeofthetime Posts: 2,080 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 16 June 2021 at 6:01AM
    geebs46 said:

Wow! A lot to lose :disappointed:

I know hindsight is a wonderful thing, but perhaps a balance in a Starling account may be an avenue to follow when the opportunity arises again.

I have both Monzo and Starling, so I shall not be venturing into the world of pre-paid Euro cards again. I got stung with the Thomas Cook one back in 2000.

• Atwitsend
    Atwitsend Posts: 20 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    geebs46 said:

Wow! A lot to lose :disappointed:

I know hindsight is a wonderful thing, but perhaps a balance in a Starling account may be an avenue to follow when the opportunity arises again.

I have both Monzo and Starling, so I shall not be venturing into the world of pre-paid Euro cards again. I got stung with the Thomas Cook one back in 2000.

I have just received my refund today after months of trying. I sent a formal complaint to Railsbank on 29/5 and said I would be making a formal complaint to the Financial Omsbudsman if I did not receive my refund. They had 15 working days to respond which would have taken it to the end of this week. Just in time!
  • I have been trying for 4 months to get my money back from Easyjet. I have been sending and calling every 10 days since the beginning of august, and still waiting :-(. I have asked to speak to managers or accounts department, and always told they cannot give access to these to customers. Any advice from someone who has been successful? I have noted the Railsbank info above, so will look that up too. 
  • Trying to get eurocard refund since last year. emailed all the information and bank statements to Exelaonline.com . no payment received. In January 2022 they replied that it is now all handled by easyjet@tuxedomoney.com. They have not replied to any of my emails. Should I now go to the Financial ombuds man or tell them this first?. brian
  • BLove
    BLove Posts: 3 Newbie
    First Post
    brian would like to receive any help possible to obtain his cash back
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills