Electronic ovens - Samsung

Have a new dual cook Samsung oven- electronic. There is a quick heat feature which I thought raised oven temperature to required temperature quickly! But no! It only partially heats oven. So I have been putting food into a Luke warm oven- which defrosts food and warms meat up!! Engineer visited to check settings and he stated that this is standard for electronic ovens. So you don't know when the oven is hot enough to cook food! Apparently this is way for manufacturers to make ovens which claim have a low energy rating ( and probably are rewarded by government grants/discounts for being environmental friendly) but actually they don't do the job! In fact they are dangerous - as they don't cook food properly!  Samsung are not willing to adjust settings- as they believe they are acceptable!! Any suggestions ( apart from buying a gas oven or less techi pilot light enabled oven).

Comments

• MattMattMattUK
    MattMattMattUK Posts: 8,657 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    mindfuldw said:
    Have a new dual cook Samsung oven- electronic. There is a quick heat feature which I thought raised oven temperature to required temperature quickly! But no! It only partially heats oven. So I have been putting food into a Luke warm oven- which defrosts food and warms meat up!! Engineer visited to check settings and he stated that this is standard for electronic ovens. So you don't know when the oven is hot enough to cook food! Apparently this is way for manufacturers to make ovens which claim have a low energy rating ( and probably are rewarded by government grants/discounts for being environmental friendly) but actually they don't do the job! In fact they are dangerous - as they don't cook food properly!  Samsung are not willing to adjust settings- as they believe they are acceptable!! Any suggestions ( apart from buying a gas oven or less techi pilot light enabled oven).
    Use the quick heat function when appropriate, and the normal heat option when appropriate. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback