Purplebrick’s Pay later agreement

Has anyone else who signed a pay later agreement with Purplebricks had problems?
we signed with them at the start of the pandemic. The agent was great very nice at the beginning as soon as I signed the agreement we had problems with her. She was rude ignorant and to top it off she reduced the sale price by £10,000 without our instruction. I fired them because of this and the next day I was contacted to now pay the fee in full. I believe this agreement is being used by the agents in their own favour. Once your signed up they can do as much or as little of whatever they want to you. You will still have to pay them and any new agent who actually does sell your house in the end. 

Comments

• zzyzx1221
    zzyzx1221 Posts: 188 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Not sure what this has to do with Coronavirus support.  There's a house buying and selling board you know.
  • justwhat
    justwhat Posts: 625 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 27 April 2021 at 5:00PM
    hold on ..... 
    Reducing the sale price is done from the website by the seller.  ALL the EA's, do next too nothing anyway now. Some of the bricks mortar EA's claim they have a massive waiting list and will mailshot the prospective buyers. However they would have to be pretty dumb buyers to not be looking online.

Also there is a cooling of period with PB(think its 14 days).  

"She was rude ignorant and to top it off she reduced the sale price by £10,000 without our instruction." = how!(was this as soon as it went online eg. valuation was 10k below your expectation?)

• Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    RickiR said:
    I fired them because of this and the next day I was contacted to now pay the fee in full.
    That's the nature of contractual arrangements. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback