IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

6 Year old Parking Ticket County Court Claim

Options
So yesterday i received a county court claim from DCD legal stating that my car was in breach of contract at a service station back in 2015.

Details

1. The Defendant (D) is indebted to the Claimant (C) for a Parking Charge(s) issued to vehicle ******* at “Service Station in Question”.

2.The PCN details are **/**/2015 ************

3. The PCN(s) was issued on private land owned or managed by C. The vehicle was parked in breach of the Terms on Cs signs(the Contract), thus incurring the PCN(s).

4. The driver agreed to pay within 28 days but did not. D is liable as the driver or keeper. Despite requests, the POCN(s) is outstanding. The Contract entitles C to damages.

AND THE CLAIMANT CLAIMS

1.  £170 being the total of the PCN(s) and damages.

2. Interest at a rate of 8% per annum pursuant to s.69 of the County Courts Act 1984 from the date here of at a daily rate of £0.04 until judgment or sooner payment.

3. Costs and court fees 

Amount claimed - 249.49

Court fee - 25.00

Legal representative's Costs - 50.00

Total amount - 324.49

- Reasons Not liable

The Car Park in question is at a free service station with a 2 hour time limit that I apparently exceeded

I was very tired after working a 16 hour shift

Did not see any signage alluding to the suggested time limit - this was not helped by it being dark and during the early hours of the morning 

Have moved house 4 times since that date, so I have not received any prior information to this day

I have read the "newbies" thread and completely understand the process that I need to go through and have currently requested a SARS from DCB Legal. 

I'll be sending off my AOS after day 5 as instructed.

After reading through the defence template, is there anything that I would need to alter/replace to suit my case (i.e. service station car park, not residential)? 

I'd be grateful for any further advice. 

Comments

• KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 38,044 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 24 April 2021 at 4:59PM
    Options
    Hello and welcome.

What is the Issue Date on your County Court Claim Form?
  • Tinytim12356
    Options
    Hello, sorry I left that out of the post. 

Issue date: 21st April 2021
  • KeithP
    Options
    Issue date: 21st April 2021

With a Claim Issue Date of 21st April, you have until Monday 10th May to file an Acknowledgment of Service, but there is nothing to be gained by delaying it. 
    To file an AoS, follow the guidance in the Dropbox file linked from the second post in the NEWBIES thread.

Having filed an AoS, you have until 4pm on Monday 24th May 2021 to file your Defence.
    That's over four weeks away. Plenty of time to produce a Defence, but please don't leave it to the last minute.
    To create a Defence, and then file a Defence by email, look again at the second post on the NEWBIES thread - immediately following where you found the Acknowledgment of Service instructions.
    Don't miss the deadline for filing an Acknowledgment of Service, nor that for filing a Defence.
  • KeithP
    Options
    Who is the Claimant?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,272 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    have currently requested a SARS from DCB Legal. 
    Why?  They are not the Claimant parking firm and no-one tells you to ask a solicitor for a SAR.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Tinytim12356
    Options
    Sorry yes im getting a bit tongue tied,

SARS has been requested from CP Plus Ltd T/A Via GroupNexus

The solicitor is DCB Legal
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,272 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    OK so what happened when you complained to MOTO's CEO, like everyone else does (assuming this is a Motorway services case again)?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Tinytim12356
    Options
    OK so what happened when you complained to MOTO's CEO, like everyone else does (assuming this is a Motorway services case again)?
    I followed up with Moto's appeals team, but because I was outside of the 30 day window, (now 6 years) they informed me that its out of their hands. 

I didn't read anything on hear about complaining to the Moto CEO so did not actually see it as an option.
    Yes it was a motorway services, i will give that a go if people have had some success in the past.

Thankyou
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    There have been a few recent Moto cancellations by their CEO etc , one was at Court claim stage , like yours is !!

Nothing to lose !!!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport