IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

IAS appeal success

Hello,

Just thought I'd share. I recently got a successful appeal with IAS in a residential parking case.
The operator is considered as one of the most litigious in UK, so I'm glad some time has been saved as I was ready to fight it out in court, if required.

In my case the car was parked I guess for about 20 minutes on a road which I never knew was private though I lived nearby for years. All deliveries, taxis, etc park on that road, so didn't think that it was not allowed. Some one clicked photos on mobile phone and I got the notice by post. I would have paid it, if not for the advice on this forum! Thanks to all the regular contributors!

The appeal was won on the basis of missing entrance signs (evidence which I provided) and lack of proof of adequate signage (based on evidence provided by the operator). One thing I realised in my case is that the operator didnt really seem to have time/resources to add any more evidence other than the original photos (taken from mobile) and a sign template and map.

I know the general advice is to not to appeal to IAS, but I went ahead  as it was no-cost standard appeal and I was mentally prepared that the appeal would be rejected and this might help in preparing for the court process. I did feel more confident about my case in the whole process of appeal/replying to operator. As part of appeal, they dont bother if the operator is following the IPC Code of conduct or not. 

Hope this helps!

Comments

• Ralph-y
    Ralph-y Posts: 4,563
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    well done .... can you please name the estate as this may well help others

Ralph B)
  • Ralph-y said:
    well done .... can you please name the estate as this may well help others

Ralph B)
    thanks, this was near Ilford Hill, Redbridge - Paragon Housing (Peachy House).
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 129,500
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Well worth trying IAS appeals at the moment, due to probable staff shortages at PPCs.  As you saw, they had no appetite to put in a strong case.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Snakes_Belly
    Snakes_Belly Posts: 3,696
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 17 April 2021 at 6:37PM
    Well done you :)  Too little too late for IAS :'(

Nolite te bast--des carborundorum.
  • Myrights
    Myrights Posts: 5
    First Post
    Forumite
    I also have recently been successful in getting the car park charge dropped, after contacting IAS. To be frank, most of it was due to my very FULL appeal and iteration that I made. I had to pre-empt , forstall anything that could have been suggested in court. Plus, provide evidence and use many questions- which have never been answered. 
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,012
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Myrights said:
    I also have recently been successful in getting the car park charge dropped, after contacting IAS. To be frank, most of it was due to my very FULL appeal and iteration that I made. I had to pre-empt , forstall anything that could have been suggested in court. Plus, provide evidence and use many questions- which have never been answered. 
    Me too. In most cases, an IAS appeal is a waste of time, but where a motorists has irrefutable proof no breach of parking terms occurred, then it is well worth a pop.
    In my case I had a copy of the contract with the landowner that showed my son's car was outside the area where the PPC are contracted to operate. They certainly would not have wanted that put in front of a judge.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 234K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills