Pregnant 28 weeks and covid

Options
Hey,

Is anyone here pregnant and been told they can/can't leave work at 28 weeks still?

The government guidance remains the same updated 21st March 2021 that after 28 weeks pregnant women should work from home if they can or be suspended on full pay if unable to work from home. Many of my colleagues have done this. 

However, I'm only 15+5 so I know it could change but my manager thinks its already changed and I'm due to go off at 35 weeks. Does anyone else have recent experience with this? I'm a midwife in NHS, asthmatic but not severe, only mild-moderate. 

Thanks.

Comments

• silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 47,094 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • Clouds88
    Clouds88 Posts: 386 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks for the link ive read everything but it's not very clear.
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 47,094 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm not an expert, but:

"All employers should consider both how to redeploy these staff and how to maximise the potential for homeworking, wherever possible.

Where adjustments to the work environment and role are not possible (e.g. manufacturing/retail industries) and alternative work cannot be found, you should be suspended on paid leave."

suggests, that you should work from home if possible. If not, then adjustments should be made to the work environment. If that isn't possible then alternative work found. If that isn't possible then you should be suspended.

How early can you start your maternity leave? When you say you are due to go off at 35 weeks, can you or your employer bring that forward?

I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • unforeseen
    unforeseen Posts: 7,295 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I read that as the original 28 week rule is no more and assessment should be made whether it is safe to carrying working in the workplace
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback