NOW OPEN: the MSE Forum 'Ask An Expert' event. This time we'd like your questions on TRAVEL & HOLIDAY DEALS. Post by Wed and deals expert MSE Oli will answer as many as he can.


  • brettctabrettcta Forumite
    4.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    MrsJKnox said:
    You complete an R40 for each tax year.

    So if the interest was all received in one tax year only one form will be needed (per person).

    Do you mean you want to claim any refund due to you but your husband doesn't want to pay the additional tax he might owe 🤔
    No obviously that would be illegal :)  He would be claiming his half of the joint claims plus the 1 that is solely in his name.  He has read a few comments about HMRC asking for more tax to be paid rather then issuing a refund.  I will be putting in my claim regardless on the 50% of our joint claim and the two in my name.  Hope that makes sense!

    If he’s in the higher tax bracket and is due to pay more tax then yes, he may very well be sent a bill rather than a cheque. Them’s the breaks though of being a higher earner.
    helpful tips
    it's spelt d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y
    there - 'in or at that place'
    their - 'owned by them'
    they're - 'they are'
    it's bought not brought (i just bought my chicken a suit from that new shop for £6.34)
  • May also be all the numpties putting their PPI refund as their interest too which inflates the figures and they suddenly owe loads due to their mistake
Sign In or Register to comment.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy Price Cap change

Martin Lewis on what it means for you

MSE News

Best £1 you've ever spent?

Share your most impressive bargains

MSE Forum