Green Network Energy final billing

Options
rooster47
rooster47 Posts: 92 Forumite
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
edited 6 July 2021 at 9:14PM in Energy
I thought to help matters along with EDF I'd enter final meter readings, those at 31 January, with GNE, but

it seems my GNE Essential Green V4 tariff has changed, dramatically, from 'monthly direct debit' to 'pay on receipt of bill' rates. I admit to cancelling my GNE ddm during February but this rate changing is retrospective and likely (?) to have a significant effect on the rates billed by EDF and their guarantees until 30 September.

Anyone else have this issue/ comments?

Comments

• Inigo_Montoya
    Inigo_Montoya Posts: 1,214 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    this is exactly why I left my GNE DD in place (cancel DD -> GNE change to worse tariff -> EDF set their tariff based on this poorer GNE tariff )
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Either approach is acceptable.

The entity GNE was in administration when I cancelled mine and I would simply challenge any rate 'penalty' with EDF Once EDF took over the supply, a GNE D/D was no longer going to your supplier and EDF weren't in a position to take replacement payment details.
  • Gerry1
    Gerry1 Posts: 9,937 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I joined Robin Hood Energy shortly before they were taken over by British Gas.  They hadn't collected any payment, so i cancelled my DD with RHE.  I can't remember whether I'd waited until my BG account had been set up and I'd given BG my DD details, but I didn't want to risk any double payment by leaving an old DD in place.
    Anyway, I noticed that my usage with RHE ended up being charged by BG at Pay On Receipt of Bill rates.  I complained, and BG promptly reissued the final RHE bill at DD rates.
  • angelic_2
    Options
    did not receive a final bill I am owed money
  • madcaz55
    Options
    I have received my final bill from GNE after their demise.  They estimated my final readings, so that although I had been £150 in credit I now owe money!  The estimated electricity usage is 237 units over & above my reading on the 27th March, I read my meter each month, (estimated bill dated 29th March).  I rang EDF to query & they told me to call GNE.  During my call with GNE the lady said I should have given a final reading when they sent an email, I never received any emails from them, then she changed it to EDF sent an email requesting final reading, again no email received.  EDF say it was GNE who provided email based on my previous usage.  This does not add up.  If my usage was so high I would not have had a credit balance!  GNE have basically said hard luck.  It seems that GNE have 'massaged' the figures to that no credit is due.  Where on earth do I go from here?  I am getting on in years so not tech savvy so any help needs to be pretty simple for this old lady! 
  • QrizB
    QrizB Posts: 13,822 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 6 July 2021 at 3:00PM
    Options
    madcaz55 said:
    I have received my final bill from GNE after their demise.  They estimated my final readings, so that although I had been £150 in credit I now owe money!  The estimated electricity usage is 237 units over & above my reading on the 27th March, I read my meter each month, (estimated bill dated 29th March).   ... Where on earth do I go from here?
    It sounds to me like you received 237kWh at GNE's unit rate rather than at EDF's rate. Are you still with EDF? And was your meter reading, last time you read it, higher than the GNE closing reading? If so, there's nothing to worry about.
    N. Hampshire, he/him. Octopus Go elec & Tracker gas / Shell BB / Lyca mobi. Ripple Kirk Hill member.
    2.72kWp PV facing SSW installed Jan 2012. 11 x 247w panels, 3.6kw inverter. 30MWh generated, long-term average 2.6 Os.
    Taking a break, hope to be back eventually.
    Ofgem cap table, Ofgem cap explainer. Economy 7 cap explainer. Gas vs E7 vs peak elec heating costs.
  • Robin9
    Robin9 Posts: 12,103 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    @madcaz55 Whether you have paid GNE or EDF for those units won't make much difference - as EDF are matching the GNE rates (sort of). Even if there was 1p difference that's £2.37

When were you £150 in credit ?

Never pay on an estimated bill
  • andy15959
    andy15959 Posts: 32 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Got my final bill, the switch over date was 31 Jan, all the readings are estimates even though i gave readings when asked.
  • rooster47
    rooster47 Posts: 92 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    andy15959 said:
    Got my final bill, the switch over date was 31 Jan, all the readings are estimates even though i gave readings when asked.

Snap. I don't suppose using estimated readings made that much difference. At least the opening and my closing meter readings are OK, subject to EDF's opening meter reads on the next billing matching, Time to move, and about time!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback