Anybody know what this is?

SlinkySlinky Forumite
8.9K Posts
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
Forumite
Got this coming up in several places and I sense it's not good news

Make £2023 in 2023

Water sewerage refund: £170.62,Topcashback: £39.41, Prolific: to 28/2/23 £183.26,Haggling: £45, Wombling(Roadkill): £1.77, Interest: Jan&Feb £2.90,Chase CB £2.10, WeBuyBooks:£8.37,Ebay sales: £99,Facebook marketplace sales: £105, Delay repay £16
Total: £673.43/£2023  33.28%

Replies

• theoreticatheoretica Forumite
    11.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    An arum possibly?
    But a banker, engaged at enormous expense,
    Had the whole of their cash in his care.
    Lewis Carroll
  • SlinkySlinky Forumite
    8.9K Posts
    Forumite
    Oh dear, I think you're correct. Dug out hundreds of tiny ones last week, got some careful digging of the big ones to do this weekend. Looks like it'll be an ongoing issue.
    Make £2023 in 2023

Water sewerage refund: £170.62,Topcashback: £39.41, Prolific: to 28/2/23 £183.26,Haggling: £45, Wombling(Roadkill): £1.77, Interest: Jan&Feb £2.90,Chase CB £2.10, WeBuyBooks:£8.37,Ebay sales: £99,Facebook marketplace sales: £105, Delay repay £16
  • greenbeegreenbee Forumite
    15.8K Posts
    Forumite
    I plan to dig mine out of the flowerbeds and relocate them to the stream if I can.
  • CatsacorCatsacor Forumite
    1.9K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    I'm continually digging them out of my garden, they populate a dampish spot but stay in that area.
    First, take responsibility .....
  • twopennytwopenny Forumite
    3.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Lords and ladies?
    I grew a huge decorative one which everyone admired - then it became a thug and populated the garden.
    Darn hard to dig out if you don't get them young.

The only normal people you know are the ones you don’t know very well

• FarwayFarway Forumite
    11.9K Posts
    Forumite
    Lords & Ladies, luckily my ones are well behaved and stick in a shady spot
  • donemedoshdonemedosh Forumite
    248 Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    I used to work at a private 3.5acre garden & we had these at the edges of the long drive. They really do spread very quickly in the end we had to resort to spraying them & used a systemic gel on those that invaded the plant beds. As the other posts have said they are deep rooted so take some digging out. My advice is if you only have a few use roundup gel weed killer & never let it flower.
  • twopennytwopenny Forumite
    3.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Yes, beautiful Lords but I used to go round pulling off all the Ladies but they still kept seeding.

The only normal people you know are the ones you don’t know very well

• DavesnaveDavesnave Forumite
    34.7K Posts
    Forumite
    I used to work at a private 3.5acre garden & we had these at the edges of the long drive. They really do spread very quickly in the end we had to resort to spraying them & used a systemic gel on those that invaded the plant beds. As the other posts have said they are deep rooted so take some digging out. My advice is if you only have a few use roundup gel weed killer & never let it flower.
    Yes, I've been too tolerant and I've no time to go digging-up, so it'll be a selective chemical coup-de-grace when I do the field next week.

• SlinkySlinky Forumite
    8.9K Posts
    Forumite
    Am I right in thinking that they are the sort of plant that will flourish from chopped up bits of root? We cleared quite a lot of old shrubs out of the borders last year and I'm wondering if we've managed to spread the blessed things around whilst turning the soil over.

Make £2023 in 2023