COVID test - still no result after 12 days!

Options
I traveled abroad and returned to the UK. I had to pay for COVID tests and used one recommended by the UK government where I got a test pack in the post, take a swab and post it to a lab. I did the swab on the 2nd day and got the result 1 week later. I then did the Day 8 swab and posted it off. I am still waiting for a result 12 days later.

Can I ask for my money back? The company policy states no refunds once bought. 

Any advice is much appreciated!
Cheers 

Comments

• MattMattMattUK
    MattMattMattUK Posts: 8,734 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    rapalex said:
    I traveled abroad and returned to the UK. I had to pay for COVID tests and used one recommended by the UK government where I got a test pack in the post, take a swab and post it to a lab. I did the swab on the 2nd day and got the result 1 week later. I then did the Day 8 swab and posted it off. I am still waiting for a result 12 days later.

Can I ask for my money back? The company policy states no refunds once bought. 

Any advice is much appreciated!
    Cheers 
    You can ask, they will say no.

In all likelihood the test was lost in the post.
  • HampshireH
    HampshireH Posts: 4,488 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Have you phoned up to chase it?
  • 2childmum2
    2childmum2 Posts: 184 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    This has just happened to my son too - I wonder if it is the same company?  They charged a fortune for this too

• sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,269 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
  • tourist4ever
    Options
    i had a similar case. i used a company called Live Covid Testing. on Day 8 i still had no test results for day 2 even. i found then on trustpilot similar reviews and posted on there. weirdly enough then they emailed me over same day the results for both. before i received them i tried calling track and trace twice and they said they cant help. they never answered the phone or emails. i suggest if you can find any details of them online post reviews etc. and push them further.

Goverment doesnt seem to care about what companies are on there, i tried complaining to someone they said it's private jurisdiction so they can't get involved. My issue was i wasnt able to end quarantine without tests and surely wasnt going to pay for another lot of tests... good luck!
  • rapalex
    Options
    Is this claim not covered by consumer rights (or something related) in some shape or form? I fail to see how a company can charge for something and then write that they don't promise to do it.

Thanks for the comments everyone.
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    rapalex said:
     I fail to see how a company can charge for something and then write that they don't promise to do it.

Do you guarantee to your employer that you'll turn up to work every day without fail?  
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 47,013 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    People have successfully done chargebacks for tests that failed to deliver results.

I suppose this shows the advantage of taking the test to release on day 5. Initially thinking that this only gives you a few more days over the 10 day isolation, if your day 8 results are very late, the TTR has a greater benefit.
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback