Coventry BS AGM

Options
Are there any investors who would be attending this virtually?  I am unable to watch due to work commitments (teacher with after an school meeting on the day) and they do not offer the facility to ask questions in advance. I am concerned about one of the directors up for re-election due to their previous business dealings. I have emailed Coventry but not yet received a reply. Thanks in advance

Comments

• happybagger
    happybagger Posts: 804 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    All I see is in their FAQs,

"You can ask a question at any point during the meeting, just click on the messaging icon, type your message and click send. All questions will be collated by a moderating team before being sent to the Chair during the Question and Answer session."

Although you've already emailed, I'd do the same again and give them advance notification that you'll be asking the question at the AGM
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,034 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    All I see is in their FAQs,

"You can ask a question at any point during the meeting, just click on the messaging icon, type your message and click send. All questions will be collated by a moderating team before being sent to the Chair during the Question and Answer session."

Although you've already emailed, I'd do the same again and give them advance notification that you'll be asking the question at the AGM
    But OP's point is that they can't attend the AGM to ask the question, so the subtext is presumably asking if anyone on here who is attending will be prepared to table a question in OP's absence....
  • mikb
    mikb Posts: 554 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    ... or just vote against the re-election of that person on your voting slip and return it. Job done.
  • moneysavinghero
    moneysavinghero Posts: 1,761 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    mikb said:
    ... or just vote against the re-election of that person on your voting slip and return it. Job done.
    They are a teacher so i doubt their shareholding is going to be enough to make any difference to the voting. Unless they are a billionaire that just loves giving back to society.
  • MX5huggy
    MX5huggy Posts: 6,854 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    mikb said:
    They are a teacher so i doubt their shareholding is going to be enough to make any difference to the voting. Unless they are a billionaire that just loves giving back to society.
    It’s a Building Society so one member one vote (I presume without checking).
  • Madmel
    Madmel Posts: 798 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options

mikb said:

Definitely not a billionaire, and if I was, I wouldn't bother teaching!  I intend to fill in the form and vote against them but would like this issue made public, hence wanting to raise it at the AGM.  I am 99% sure they will be re-elected, but it is the principle of being disenfranchised as a result of their process that bugs me. Thank you
  • sevenhills
    sevenhills Posts: 5,885 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Madmel said:
    Definitely not a billionaire, and if I was, I wouldn't bother teaching!  I intend to fill in the form and vote against them but would like this issue made public, hence wanting to raise it at the AGM.  I am 99% sure they will be re-elected, but it is the principle of being disenfranchised as a result of their process that bugs me. Thank you
    You haven't made it public yet, what is your issue?

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback