New Post Advanced Search

Coventry BS AGM

7 replies 306 views
MadmelMadmel Forumite
755 posts
Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper Mortgage-free Glee!
✭✭✭
Are there any investors who would be attending this virtually?  I am unable to watch due to work commitments (teacher with after an school meeting on the day) and they do not offer the facility to ask questions in advance. I am concerned about one of the directors up for re-election due to their previous business dealings. I have emailed Coventry but not yet received a reply. Thanks in advance

Replies

• happybaggerhappybagger Forumite
    303 posts
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    All I see is in their FAQs,

"You can ask a question at any point during the meeting, just click on the messaging icon, type your message and click send. All questions will be collated by a moderating team before being sent to the Chair during the Question and Answer session."

Although you've already emailed, I'd do the same again and give them advance notification that you'll be asking the question at the AGM
  • eskbankereskbanker Forumite
    17.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All I see is in their FAQs,

"You can ask a question at any point during the meeting, just click on the messaging icon, type your message and click send. All questions will be collated by a moderating team before being sent to the Chair during the Question and Answer session."

Although you've already emailed, I'd do the same again and give them advance notification that you'll be asking the question at the AGM
    But OP's point is that they can't attend the AGM to ask the question, so the subtext is presumably asking if anyone on here who is attending will be prepared to table a question in OP's absence....
  • mikbmikb Forumite
    403 posts
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    ... or just vote against the re-election of that person on your voting slip and return it. Job done.
  • moneysavingheromoneysavinghero Forumite
    1.1K posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    mikb said:
    ... or just vote against the re-election of that person on your voting slip and return it. Job done.
    They are a teacher so i doubt their shareholding is going to be enough to make any difference to the voting. Unless they are a billionaire that just loves giving back to society.
  • MX5huggyMX5huggy Forumite
    4.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    mikb said:
    They are a teacher so i doubt their shareholding is going to be enough to make any difference to the voting. Unless they are a billionaire that just loves giving back to society.
    It’s a Building Society so one member one vote (I presume without checking).
  • MadmelMadmel Forumite
    755 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper Mortgage-free Glee!
    ✭✭✭

mikb said:

Definitely not a billionaire, and if I was, I wouldn't bother teaching!  I intend to fill in the form and vote against them but would like this issue made public, hence wanting to raise it at the AGM.  I am 99% sure they will be re-elected, but it is the principle of being disenfranchised as a result of their process that bugs me. Thank you
  • sevenhillssevenhills Forumite
    3.2K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Madmel said:
    Definitely not a billionaire, and if I was, I wouldn't bother teaching!  I intend to fill in the form and vote against them but would like this issue made public, hence wanting to raise it at the AGM.  I am 99% sure they will be re-elected, but it is the principle of being disenfranchised as a result of their process that bugs me. Thank you
    You haven't made it public yet, what is your issue?