Options
13»

Comments

• Slinky
    Slinky Posts: 10,015 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    ushjr said:
    Job titles are pretty meaningless. Around 10 years ago my job title began with 'Senior Lead' but I was nowhere near as high up the food chain as it sounded. I now have an ordinary job title that pays twice the money more or less and that's what's important to me at the end of the day. Ask yourself this, if someone offered you a 6 figure job but the only drawback was the job title being 'Office Junior' would you turn it down?

I've always thought that 'Junior Doctor' is a pretty confusing title given the time spent training and qualifications gained to get to that level, but those in the medical profession seem to be happy enough with it.
    Make £2024 in 2024
    Prolific to 29/2/24 £184.97, Chase Interest £11.88, Chase roundup interest £0.18, Chase CB £16.96, Roadkill £1.10, Octopus referral reward £50, Octopoints £6.30 to 31/1/24, Topcashback £4.64, Shopmium £3
    Total £279.03/£2024  13.8%

Make £2023 in 2023
    Water sewerage refund: £170.62,Topcashback: £243.47, Prolific: to 31/12/23 £975, Haggling: £45, Wombling(Roadkill): £6.04,  Chase CB £149.34, Chase roundup interest £1.35, WeBuyBooks:£8.37, Misc sales: £406.59, Delay repay £22, Amazon refund £3.41, EDF Smart Meter incentive £100, Santander Edge Cashback-Fees: £25.14, Octopus Reward £50, Bank transfer incentives £400
    Total: £2606.33/£2023  128.8%

• JamoLew
    JamoLew Posts: 1,800 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 7 April 2021 at 9:05AM
    Options
    Would you rather someone 1day post graduation was referred to as Senior ?

Junior Doctor is a title given to someone undertaking post graduate studies so not exactly a huge amount of time spent in the profession or experience gained

I’ve worked with a lot of Registrars and SHOs over the years and trust me - the title Junior is appropriate - often I question the title Doctor
  • Tokmon
    Tokmon Posts: 628 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Slinky said:
    ushjr said:
    Job titles are pretty meaningless. Around 10 years ago my job title began with 'Senior Lead' but I was nowhere near as high up the food chain as it sounded. I now have an ordinary job title that pays twice the money more or less and that's what's important to me at the end of the day. Ask yourself this, if someone offered you a 6 figure job but the only drawback was the job title being 'Office Junior' would you turn it down?

I've always thought that 'Junior Doctor' is a pretty confusing title given the time spent training and qualifications gained to get to that level, but those in the medical profession seem to be happy enough with it.

Makes perfect sense to me because it shows that no matter how many qualifications you have, you also need real life hands on experience of something to be able to be fully competent in it.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback