Advent-ures in the MSE Forum... Our Advent calendar is live, helping you discover a new corner of the community each day. Visit the homepage and scroll down

E.on - when can I leave

in Energy
6 replies 111 views
StevepdStevepd Forumite
44 Posts
Second Anniversary 10 Posts
Forumite
we signed up last may (15th) for our gas and electric. I’m not happy at all with them at all for various reasons and I can’t wait to move on. I’m unable to find what agreement I signed up to either in my saved emails or via the e.on account. Can I leave 49 days before the end and not get a £25 each leaving penalty? or am I tied to the end of the term.

Replies

• HasbeenHasbeen Forumite
    4.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Stevepd said:
    we signed up last may (15th) for our gas and electric. I’m not happy at all with them at all for various reasons and I can’t wait to move on. I’m unable to find what agreement I signed up to either in my saved emails or via the e.on account. Can I leave 49 days before the end and not get a £25 each leaving penalty? or am I tied to the end of the term.
    Check If Your Energy Tariff Is Ending | MoneySuperMarket
    The world is not ruined by the wickedness of the wicked, but by the weakness of the good. Napoleon
  • Gerry1Gerry1 Forumite
    8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I understand there's no penalty if you switch from an E.On fixed tariff to an E.On variable tariff, and from there you can switch away without penalty.
  • dogshomedogshome Forumite
    3.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Have a look at your bills - Usually they list the name of the tariff you are on and it's end date - Failing that, ask Eon directly
  • E.ON_Company_Representative:_HelenaE.ON_Company_Representative:_Helena Organisation Representatives - Private Messages may not be monitored
    2.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Stevepd said:
    Morning Stevepd,

I'm sorry to see that you've decided to change supplier.

You can see your current tariff on your online account, if you log in and look at the box that says check your tariff, you'll be able to see the current tariff name and the end date.

With our fixed tariffs, the Price Protection window is open 49 calendar days before the tariff end date until 20 working days after. Provided we're told, we'll keep you on the cheaper prices whilst a change of supplier goes through. Exit fees also don't apply whilst in this window.

Thank you

Helena
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to [email protected] This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • StevepdStevepd Forumite
    44 Posts
    Forumite
    dogshome said:
    Have a look at your bills - Usually they list the name of the tariff you are on and it's end date - Failing that, ask Eon directly
    Thanks, I actually have messaged them and had no response after 4 days, so I put the above post up. All sorted now though.
  • StevepdStevepd Forumite
    44 Posts
    Forumite
    Stevepd said:
    Morning Stevepd,

I'm sorry to see that you've decided to change supplier.

You can see your current tariff on your online account, if you log in and look at the box that says check your tariff, you'll be able to see the current tariff name and the end date.

With our fixed tariffs, the Price Protection window is open 49 calendar days before the tariff end date until 20 working days after. Provided we're told, we'll keep you on the cheaper prices whilst a change of supplier goes through. Exit fees also don't apply whilst in this window.

Thank you

Helena
    Thanks Helena for your reply. I’m still waiting a reply via the website contact us facility which said it would be 2-3 days. This is day 5.