IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Advice: been in europe since covid lockdown, first parking llp sent a claim via county court

Options
Hello,
Please advice!
I have been away from last year just before UK went into the second lockdown, My wify has been in europe since the start of June last year (to give birth to our son) in her home country Poland, just by chance our neighbour noticed a brown envelop in our mail and thought it might be important and called us to see if we wanted the mail opened.

To our suprise there was county court claim from First Parking Llp (I dont know how many other letters are there from them). Now we have no idea where the fine is from or the PCN number to find it on their website [firstparking-dot-co-dot-uk/contact/] we suspect its from the University she works at. I dont know how to contact them as their website is not working proeperly.

I created an account on MCOL [moneyclaim-dot-gov-dot-uk] to see if I can find out more info but it just says there is a amount due £208.07 and claim was made on 9/2/2021 and that there was a judgement made on 3/3/2021.

these are my avaliable options Available options
A Judgment has been entered against you. You cannot respond to the claim at this time but you may apply for the judgment to be set aside.

To be honest instead of having this hassel along with Covid (Poland is now in lockdown) I just prefer to pay the fine and be done with it, but I dont know what to do now. In the claim letter it says something about payine in person. How can find out more info regarding this parking fine.

Please advice. Many thnaks.

Comments

• Ralph-y
    Ralph-y Posts: 4,563 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hi,  and welcome to the forum.

most of the info you need will be found here ...

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/4816822/newbies-private-parking-ticket-old-or-new-read-these-faqs-first-thankyou/p1
    I suggest people start at the fifth post and make a note of the acronyms and abbreviations then  go back to the start

some things to note .... if you just pay then the CCJ will stay on file for 6 years  making life a problem., for who ever the claim was against

You can go for a set aside so please read the newbies relevant section.

Ralph B)

• Ralph-y
    Ralph-y Posts: 4,563 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 30 March 2021 at 5:23PM
    Options
    well spotted !

does any one know if the deadline is court closing or the end of the day?

Ralph B)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure