BBL repayment extension

I have a BBL with Santander & repayments are due to start in a couple of months does anyone know the procedure for delaying the repayment start date?? Thanks in advance. 

Comments

• MattMattMattUK
    MattMattMattUK Posts: 8,607 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 30 March 2021 at 11:33AM
    gary70 said:
    I have a BBL with Santander & repayments are due to start in a couple of months does anyone know the procedure for delaying the repayment start date?? Thanks in advance. 
    Currently there is not a procedure. The banks are working on the Pay as You Grow process which means you can pay only the interest for the six months three times in the duration of the loan once the repayments are due to start, as well as spread repayments over ten years rather than the original six. 

There is planned to be an initial allowance of delaying the repayments for six months when they are due to start, but no banks have announced their procedures yet and it has not been clarified what happens to the interest and how that is applied. 

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/chancellor-eases-burden-on-more-than-a-million-businesses-through-pay-as-you-grow-flexible-repayment-options
  • I believe the bank will send you a letter a month or 2 before your repayments are due with options available and you can pick the one you want.  I believe the options are: (1) pay over 10 years; (2) pay interest only for 6 months; or (3) freeze payments for 6 months... 
  • Percy1983
    Percy1983 Posts: 5,244 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    My bank (Lloyds) have told me about it and list all the options when I log in. It says I will be able to pick before payments start.
    Have my first business premises (+4th business) 01/11/2017
    Quit day job to run 3 businesses 08/02/2017
    Started third business 25/06/2016
    Son born 13/09/2015
    Started a second business 03/08/2013
    Officially the owner of my own business since 13/01/2012
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts