More than one default registered for a debt

Options
Kendowned
Kendowned Posts: 22 Forumite
First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Anniversary
edited 29 March 2021 at 5:47PM in Credit file & ratings
Hi all, I have recently obtained a full credit report so I could get some advice on future mortgage options and have noticed that PRA has added 3 additional defaults on my record when the original creditors had already defaulted the accounts. is this allowed and are they treated as full separate defaults? all help is appreciated. 

Comments

• DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Kendowned said:
    Hi all, I have recently obtained a full credit report so I could get some advice on future mortgage options and have noticed that PRA has added 3 additional defaults on my record when the original creditors had already defaulted the accounts. is this allowed and are they treated as full separate defaults? all help is appreciated. 
    There are 3 agencies to get reports from, credit karma, clearscore and experian, do the othrr 2 report the same ?
  • nic_c
    nic_c Posts: 2,928 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    So you have three defaulted accounts? Have you only just started getting letters from PRA. You can get both showing on a credit report. PRA will put on a new one and then the original creditors will remove. Te reason is so they can update the balance as it gets paid, or as it increases due to further action from not paying.
  • Kendowned
    Kendowned Posts: 22 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Ill be honest I'm not sure if I'm just reading the report wrong, a Mortgage broker recommended to take out a trial on checkmyfile and cancel after. the report doesn't actually state the number of defaults just the number of adverse accounts the below is an example of the same debt showing twice

• Puddles83
    Puddles83 Posts: 43 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    It’s reported correctly.
    Barclaycard entry is defaulted and settled as it’s now in the hands of PRA.
    the entry for PRA is also reported correctly as the default date is the same as the BarclayCard entry.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback