Qualifying payments on payment plan listed as missed payments

Options
Hi all,

I would really appreciate any help/insight on an issue I’m having with Barclaycard. So I set up a new payment plan with them in December, my second one now. However, my first two qualifying payments (which have been paid on time) have been recorded as missed payments on my credit file. After calling Barclays, I was informed that this was correct and in the terms and conditions they read out to me over the phone, though this didn’t happen with my first payment plan. The agent then re-read the T&Cs to me, but I couldn’t make head or tail of what he was saying because he kept stopping and starting, and rephrasing himself. Basically, it didn’t sound like he was actually reading them out to me. So can anyone tell me if this is indeed correct? Is it usual that my 2 qualifying payments should be listed as missed, despite me paying them correctly? 

As an aside, I’m especially distrustful of Barclays at the moment, I’m in the process of escalating a complaint regarding a default on another account. The payment deadline they gave me for that over the phone was completely wrong, which they’ve now acknowledged, but they still refuse to remove the default. They spent about 5 months fobbing me off, saying that the agent had given me the correct information. I had to kick up a huge fuss and start a complaint with the ombudsman to get anyone to actually listen to the recording of the conversation! 

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 29 March 2021 at 3:35PM
    Options
    If you're paying less than the contractual minimum, then it's correct that they are marked as missed payments or an arrangement, unless they were specifically Covid approved payment holidays.
  • crazydoglady91
    Options
    Thanks for the quick reply, I guess that’s that then. I was expecting it to be recorded as an arrangement, but the missed payments took me by surprise, especially as I’m paying more now than I was under my previous arrangement. A shame, but nothing to be done I suppose! 

Cheers! 
  • Adam_1999
    Options
    If you’re paying the contractual minimum payment but the card is in arrears, you’ll find arrears will continue to report each month but the status will be static. For example, if you’re two months in arrears and then start paying the minimum again, without denting the arrears, two months arrears will continue to report each month. If you’ve made an arrangement with Barclays to enter a repayment plan this should report as such, unless the repayment offer you’ve made has been ‘acknowledged’ rather than accepted as a formal agreement. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback