Landlord insurance

Dear all, Apologies to start a new thread. I am not sure whether this was discussed before.

I am in the process of buying a property to let as the first time landlord.  I carried out a mine entry interpretive search for the property  which shows two untreated mine shaft entries at 8m and 12 m from the house, both were in the back gardens of second and third properties from my house. The last mine activity was about 150 years ago.  My house is a newly built in 2007 though all adjoining houses are semis or terraces built around 1930s.

I wanted to obtain landlord insurance. I tried go compare, confused and money super market comparison websites to find a landlord insurance.  I had to tack the box  to indicate there is a tunnel or mine under the property. Unfortunately none of the sites gave any quotes which I  think due to such.

Does this mean the property is un-insurable? The previous owner used the property for HMO and had no problem of getting the insurance. May be he did not disclose , however I am aware he has never  done a mine interpretive search.

Can any one advise me how to get a landlord insurance for the property?

Thanks a lot.

Jay

Comments

• tasticz
    tasticz Posts: 764 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    contact brokers such as AlanBoswell / Towergate / AdrianFlux / Endsleigh... they will be able to help you
  • You will struggle to find a quote from online companies. They have these check boxes to rule out all the unusual things and then just leave you without a quote or any help.

Speak to a human at an insurance broker as they will listen to you and hopefully be able to find the cover you need.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback