PIP renewal form

I was granted higher level awards on both PIP criteria in 2019. Today I received a benefit renewal form in the post and am not too sure how to complete it. It seems to ask if there are any changes and I am bothered that if I write 'No change' in every box where this is required then I won't have given enough info. Any tips from posters -who have had to jump this hurdle themselves - on how to complete this form would be welcome.

Comments

• Spoonie_Turtle
    Spoonie_Turtle Posts: 8,267
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 26 March 2021 at 8:38PM
    Beenie said:
    I was granted higher level awards on both PIP criteria in 2019. Today I received a benefit renewal form in the post and am not too sure how to complete it. It seems to ask if there are any changes and I am bothered that if I write 'No change' in every box where this is required then I won't have given enough info. Any tips from posters -who have had to jump this hurdle themselves - on how to complete this form would be welcome.
    Haven't done this myself yet but I've always seen the advice to complete it as if it's a whole new claim.  They don't have your previous applications in front of them when reading your review forms.  Of course you can type up and attach the answers rather than trying to cram anything in the far-too-small boxes; if you do then remember to put your name and NI number at the top of each sheet attached.
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 45,892
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Another option would be to go "no change, I still have to ... require help with ..." etc and then put whatever you put last time. 

If you typed separate sheets last time as Spoonie_Turtle described that will be useful! 
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • Alice_Holt
    Alice_Holt Posts: 5,902
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Complete it as if it were your first form.
    Be sure to fully explain the difficulties you have with all the PIP activities you were given points for.
    https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/sick-or-disabled-people-and-carers/pip/help-with-your-claim/fill-in-form/
    Add extra pages as necessary.  Include copies of relevant, recent medical evidence. 
    Alice Holt Forest situated some 4 miles south of Farnham forms the most northerly gateway to the South Downs National Park.
  • elle_may
    elle_may Posts: 396
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    As i keep all the previous review forms, i go back and see what i have put in them. I then say what has changed and put in a description of  this and when it did. As said  treat it as a first form.  As it was 3yrs ago there would be changes and i concentrated on this. Good luck.

• Beenie
    Beenie Posts: 1,629
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    My original form was completed with the help of MacMillan, but I didn't get a copy so I am relying on memory as to what I said. With your advice, I am going to treat it as a first form.
  • Spoonie_Turtle
    Spoonie_Turtle Posts: 8,267
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Just as a general point, if you (or anyone) can't type the answers or for whatever reason can't keep an actual copy of the form, take a photo - at least then you'll be able to see what you wrote for reference, even if you have to write it all (or the relevant bits, if there have been changes) again :)
  • Beenie
    Beenie Posts: 1,629
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    That is an excellent idea. At the time I didn't have an iPad or a mobile phone, but I do now and if in that position again will definitely take photos for my records.
  • Alice_Holt
    Alice_Holt Posts: 5,902
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    "My original form was completed with the help of MacMillan,..."
    It may be worth contacting the Macmillan benefits caseworker again.

Alice Holt Forest situated some 4 miles south of Farnham forms the most northerly gateway to the South Downs National Park.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback