We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Treat Wilko reviews with caution

Options
Be cautious with star ratings on the Wilko website as they reject critical reviews.

I tried to leave a review of an item that I have just received.  My review was "Useful item, but ordered for home delivery and it arrived cracked.  Second time I've ordered one of these and it arrived damaged 1st time as well.  It's usable though so I will keep it, but this item should be packaged better."

Wilko rejected my review stating "This field mentions shipping complaints".

I have looked at Wilko's T&Cs for reviews, and cannot see that my honest factual review, accompanied by photgraphic evidence, violates their T&Cs for reviews in any way.

If Wilko will not allow honest poor reviews, then the star ratings on their website should be viewed with caution.

Comments

• jon81uk
    jon81uk Posts: 3,793 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Re-write the review excluding the word "delivery". The review is about the item, not how it got to you so I think they auto-check for people talking about their overall shopping experience.

Maybe just saying "poor quality item arrived damaged" is a better review.
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,619 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    As above its a complaint that it arrived damaged, if you think that is a product weakness then word it
    carefully saying that the plastic seems rather brittle or cracks have appeared or were evident
    when it arrived etc.

Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• roddydogs
    roddydogs Posts: 7,478 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Its the same for any reviews anywhere, loads of rubbish, treat with caution.
  • rollingmoon
    rollingmoon Posts: 153 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    roddydogs said:
    Its the same for any reviews anywhere, loads of rubbish, treat with caution.
    This, Online reviews aren't worth the time taken to read them these days.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 610.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.8K Life & Family
  • 249.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback