We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

autumn lawn feed

frankie
frankie Posts: 845 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post
I have half a box of autumn lawn feed left over from last year, is it worth applying it now or will there be no advantage?

Comments

• Apodemus
    Apodemus Posts: 3,384 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    It won't do any harm and better to be on the lawn than in the box!  But autumn lawn feeds tend to be lower in Nitrogen than the usual spring ones, so it will do a less good job at giving that spring boost.  Better than nothing, though! 
  • frankie
    frankie Posts: 845 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Apodemus said:
    It won't do any harm and better to be on the lawn than in the box!  But autumn lawn feeds tend to be lower in Nitrogen than the usual spring ones, so it will do a less good job at giving that spring boost.  Better than nothing, though! 

I will still be applying a spring feed too.
  • Apodemus
    Apodemus Posts: 3,384 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    frankie said:
    Apodemus said:

I will still be applying a spring feed too.
    Then the daisies and any other flowering weeds will thank you much more than the lawn will!  :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback