What small DFW things will you do this week 22/03/21?

Options
2»

Comments

• carrielovesfanta
    Options
    Morning folks

Looks like we'll get a bit more sun today. OH and I need to go to the allotment and do our first sowing of carrots. I have bought some spring onions to sow around them too to deter the pesky carrot fly! 
    Smal things today:
    :star: Heating off 
    :star: B/L/D from stores
    :star: Do meal plan and amend shopping order
    :star: Bit of NEBOSH reading
    :star: Washing on line to dry
    :star: Dust the spare room

Have a good one all

clf x

LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • Karb
    Karb Posts: 853 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning all, hope everyone is keeping well.

Haven't posted for a few days, largely as I haven't really had anything to post about. Just the usual things.
    • Checked online banking and updated spreadsheet
    • No heating on this morning
    • Washing drying on the line
    • All meals from stores
    • NSD
    • Go for a walk
    Nothing else really planned
    Debt free since December 2015. It can be done

• DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,445 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning all :)
    Grey day here, with a bit of drizzle to cheer us up! Up early, saw to dog (who is improving a little each day - he can stand more steadily for a few minutes and walk a few steps properly. A big change from being totally paralysed at the back end a few days ago).  Load of washing, which was pegged outside but is about to go on the airer due to drizzle, and drove to the post office and supermarket. Very quiet in town, only a couple of people in the post office when I dropped off my parcels, and very few in the supermarket. Seemed to spend loads - is anyone else noticing much higher prices recently? I did buy a couple of easter eggs for grandchildren, a few items for the food bank and treated myself to a gardening magazine, but apart from that it was only really fresh stuff (dairy and fruit and veg), some dog food, cereal, bread and a few other bits. Not a big shop by any means. Still, that is it for this week. And I was pleased to pick up a bag of 'mis-shapen potatoes' which look absolutely fine to me, for 89p.
    We have leftover kedgeree, this time I used John Torode's recipe from the BBC Good Food web site, which is easy and absolutely gorgeous, for lunch, and dinner will be jacket potatoes and salad with something.
    Apart from ringing DD1 this afternoon, checking my seedlings and more dog wrangling, I intend to spend the rest of the day doing nothing much!
  • carrielovesfanta
    carrielovesfanta Posts: 2,978 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 26 March 2021 at 10:17AM
    Options
    @DawnW - Glad to hear your pooch is improving!
    I've certainly noticed that several of the Asda smartprice products that I used to buy have been suspended/discontinued. Plus because I'm doing click and collect shops, I'm not able to check for offers and compare the prices, so I'm just buying a standard shop over and over again. Plus I have to make sure that I buy enough to meet the £25 (not very difficult but sometimes I don't need quite that much)
  • Karb
    Karb Posts: 853 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning all. Wet and miserable day here in the Midlands.

I have my first Covid jab today - appointment came through yesterday. Having read of people having side effects, I decided to move my big shop forward to yesterday, in case I don't feel up to it later. Picked up a number of ys items in Sainsburys and got petrol too - just half a tank though, as I rarely use the car at the moment.

So rather than yesterday being a NSD, today should be one instead. 
    Debt free since December 2015. It can be done

• YORKSHIRELASS
    YORKSHIRELASS Posts: 6,301 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi all

Hope you dont mind me joining in again.  I have done really well at debt busting over the last six months but I am starting to slip back into some bad habits and need to stay focused and be accountable, especially as life returns to a bit more normality.  I have just had a week off work to use some holidays up and I am back to it on Monday, I am in the office a bit next week so I need to avoid the temptation to spend in my lunch break.
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,445 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Afternoon all :)
    Welcome back @Yorkshirelass, we are a bit depleted at the moment. I think people are so fed up with every day being more or less the same :(
    Up early as usual to see to the dog, and it is catching up with me a bit I think, as I am shattered today. Made myself go for a walk with OH for the exercise and fresh air. Not done much else. I have made a batch of scones and one of oaty date slices though, as the tins were empty. I must freeze most of the scones, as we certainly won't eat all those before they go dry. The fruit slice thing seems to sit quite happily until wanted though. Also made a jelly fwith sponge fingers in it or pudding. Strange choice, but using up stuff I bought for grandchildren but now past its date.
    Little dog can walk a bit now, but is still sleepy most of the time. Vet said it might be the pills he is on making him sleepy. He will finish them towards the end of next week, so he might be a bit more lively then. Might also be the after effects of the anaesthetic too, it certainly affects me that way for a week or so. Probably just as well he is a bit subdued as he is supposed to be on cage rest most of the time. He is happily snoozing on the hearth rug at the moment though. He has decided that he only eats chicken at the moment, and has been eating his way through the chicken breast in the freezer. I went to Icyland yesterday and bought a big bag of cheap frozen chicken portions for him. Cheaper than the nice chicken breast from the butcher, which I can now save for us!
    May go outside and do a couple of small jobs in the garden in a minute.
    Cooking a roast dinner later :)
  • BlueJ94
    BlueJ94 Posts: 2,551 Ambassador
    First Anniversary I'm a Volunteer Ambassador First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Afternoon all! Treated myself to a KFC for lunch in work today. Wasn't worth it so won't be happening again. Last day in work tomorrow and then a nice long weekend!  Going to grab some bits to prep for work for next week as I need to stick to a work meal plan or I just spend money. Going to the garden centre Friday to pick up some plants! :)
     I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Debt Free Wannabe boards and spending & discounts boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Debt owed;
  • carrielovesfanta
    Options
    Hey folks, please join us on this week's thread wb 29/03
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories