Dishwasher outlet not long enough

Options
How can I extend the outlet pipe frommy dishwasher to reach  the undersink outlet.
The pipe on the left is the new pipe the one on the right is the old pipe I cut off the old dishwasher and need to get off the sink outlet.

Comments

• neilmcl
    neilmcl Posts: 19,460 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 20 March 2021 at 4:07PM
    Options
    Can you not join the two.

Or you could try an extension hose, such as https://www.screwfix.com/p/washing-machine-drain-hose-1-5m-x-21mm/78930
  • frogglet
    frogglet Posts: 767 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    neilmcl said:
    Can you not join the two.

Or you could try an extension hose, such as https://www.screwfix.com/p/washing-machine-drain-hose-1-5m-x-21mm/78930
    I dont think they would join as the one on the right is ridged, so don't know how to get a waterproof seal.
    If I get the extension  hose, do I need to get anything else to join them up or do they push together?
  • EssexExile
    EssexExile Posts: 6,158 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    The hose Neil has linked to is not an extension hose, it's just a replacement for the original. If you Google "dishwasher extension hose" you'll see some, you don't want an "extended replacement" but an "extension" which should come with a connecting piece. Are you connecting it to the sink waste? If so get the shortest you can that is long enough, if that makes sense! If it's going into a standpipe it doesn't matter, you can cut any excess off.
    Tall, dark & handsome. Well two out of three ain't bad.
  • neilmcl
    neilmcl Posts: 19,460 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The hose Neil has linked to is not an extension hose, it's just a replacement for the original. If you Google "dishwasher extension hose" you'll see some, you don't want an "extended replacement" but an "extension" which should come with a connecting piece. Are you connecting it to the sink waste? If so get the shortest you can that is long enough, if that makes sense! If it's going into a standpipe it doesn't matter, you can cut any excess off.
    Funny you say that but the link I posted was from the top of the list when I googled the same. I didn't actually look at the detail on the page. It's essentially the same as this - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Universal-Washing-Machine-Dishwasher-Drain-Waste-Hose-Extension-Pipe-Kit-2-5M/402746534346?hash=item5dc59069ca:g:MegAAOSw1rJfqZUK except for the missing connector piece and jubilee clips.
  • frogglet
    Options
    Well, I went and bought the screwfix one and a connector as a lot of the reviews say they used it as an extension.
     However I need some jubilee clips as the connector isn't very tight.
    So ill get some clips and see if it works.
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I'd have cut a hole in the side of the cupboard and fed it through that way.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • frogglet
    Options
    -taff said:
    I'd have cut a hole in the side of the cupboard and fed it through that way.
    There is a cupboard between the dishwasher and the undersink cupboard   so the outlet has to run underneath.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback