Moonpig & Complete Savings

Pjpern
Pjpern Forumite Posts: 21
Fourth Anniversary 10 Posts
Forumite
I recently bought a card via Moonpig and was directed within this site to a Company called Complete Savings. I can't remember giving my bank details but I guess I must have as £15 was taken out of my account by them and would have been taken out every month if I hadn't noticed it on my  bank account. When calling my bank, they told me they are well known for doing this falling short of calling this a scam but that's what was insinuated. I'm not sure if they are one and the same but they are mentioned on the Moonpig site especially in their FAQ's. Beware! Many people go for months without noticing this amount being removed fro their accounts. 

Comments

• jeano60
    jeano60 Forumite Posts: 1
    First Post
    I too purchased a card from moonpig, via my husband's moonpig account, this happened to me too, a free trial period for money back on various sites, I thought I was signing up for my own moonpig account.  I spoke with Complete Savings 23.10.21, as I was convinced that I had not signed up with them, they agreed to close the account and refund the £15 to my bank account within 2-5 working days.  I have also requested my bank to block any further payments to this company.
  • Pjpern
    Pjpern Forumite Posts: 21
    Fourth Anniversary 10 Posts
    Forumite
    You did the right thing. This was well known to my bank who also blocked any future payments out of my account. I won't be using Moonpig any more!
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Forumite Posts: 40,584
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Nothing wrong with using Moonpig but just read what your being asked to click on.
  • Claddagh_Noir
    Claddagh_Noir Forumite Posts: 210
    Fifth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Sometimes see Complete Savings when I checkout when doing my online grocery shopping.  I just ignore it because I know there is a catch with it. 
  • I've just helped my son with this, they've taken £15 a month from him since June 2021 and he didn't notice, 13 months, £195. He bought his gf a moonpig card using his phone during his lunch break and remembers this WLY COMPETE SAVINGS kept coming up and wouldn't let him complete the transaction without having his card details. We've now cancelled his "membership" on their phone line and are waiting to speak with his bank to see where he stands at getting his money back. Lesson learned. Won't order from moonpig again.
  • CurlySue2017
    CurlySue2017 Forumite Posts: 439
    Sixth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I've just helped my son with this, they've taken £15 a month from him since June 2021 and he didn't notice, 13 months, £195. He bought his gf a moonpig card using his phone during his lunch break and remembers this WLY COMPETE SAVINGS kept coming up and wouldn't let him complete the transaction without having his card details. We've now cancelled his "membership" on their phone line and are waiting to speak with his bank to see where he stands at getting his money back. Lesson learned. Won't order from moonpig again.
    I don't agree with how this company work, it is very underhand and sneaky
    But to not notice a transaction leaving your account every month for over a year is poor and you must accept some responsibility for that surely? (well, your son should)

• soolin
    soolin Forumite, Ambassador Posts: 71,497
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    Old thread resurrected. 
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing [email protected] views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • CurlySue2017
    Forumite
    soolin said:
    Old thread resurrected. 

May still help someone, information is still relevant
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Forumite Posts: 34,173
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Savvy Shopper!
    Forumite
    soolin said:
    Old thread resurrected. 

Information may still be relevant but I'll bet that people will not read this thread before using Moonpig, they'll just google Moonpig/Complete Savings when they realise that they are being charged for something on a monthly basis and find this thread.
    It will be too late to be of help at that stage.

As this poster says:
    DCFC79 said:
    Nothing wrong with using Moonpig but just read what your being asked to click on.

And check your bank statements regularly.

• CurlySue2017
    Forumite
    Pollycat said:
    soolin said:
    Old thread resurrected. 

Information may still be relevant but I'll bet that people will not read this thread before using Moonpig, they'll just google Moonpig/Complete Savings when they realise that they are being charged for something on a monthly basis and find this thread.
    It will be too late to be of help at that stage.

As this poster says:
    DCFC79 said:

And check your bank statements regularly.

Sure, but that is true whether the thread is old or not so I don't see your point?
    Unless your point is the exact same point that I made in my previous post?  ie: check your bank statements
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 340K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 448.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 231.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 602.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 171.6K Life & Family
  • 245.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback