Bitcoin scam

Options
Hi, I’ve been scammed with a Bitcoin investment, anybody had this experience? I’ve been told there is a possibility I could get 95% of my money back, not sure if they are genuine, could anybody recommend a company please?  Funds-recovery.com are the ones that say they can help.  Many Thanks

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
     Scam, you will get nothing back 
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,379 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 16 March 2021 at 11:38AM
    Options
    It is very common to find after you have been scammed to find yourself on a mugs list.  You are easy game. So, they come back for seconds and thirds.   Being scammed out of the money is the first scam.    The being cold called by a company claiming they can get your money back (usually followed by you needing to pay them something up front).

Think about it logically.  Who is going to pay you this money back?    The scammer isnt.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Screamadelica118
    Options
    dunstonh said:
    It is very common to find after you have been scammed to find yourself on a mugs list.  You are easy game. So, they come back for seconds and thirds.   Being scammed out of the money is the first scam.    The being cold called by a company claiming they can get your money back (usually followed by you needing to pay them something up front).

Think about it logically.  Who is going to pay you this money back?    The scammer isnt.
    I wasn’t cold called though, I looked online to see if it was possible and spoke to this company. They said nobody can get the money back from the scammer but from the Bitcoin company as they have a duty of care 
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    dunstonh said:

I wasn’t cold called though, I looked online to see if it was possible and spoke to this company. They said nobody can get the money back from the scammer but from the Bitcoin company as they have a duty of care 
     The bitcoin company are scammers and quite obviously dont worry about any duty of care. 
  • brettcta
    brettcta Posts: 4,693 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I don’t think I’ll ever be convinced otherwise that Bitcoin isn’t one *huge* scam/ponzi scheme. 
    helpful tips
    it's spelt d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y
    there - 'in or at that place'
    their - 'owned by them'
    they're - 'they are'
    it's bought not brought (i just bought my chicken a suit from that new shop for £6.34)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    The bitcoin will have been sold and moved on many times since, no-one will get the money back. Put it down to a mistake and move on, you won't see it again.
  • Valhg
    Valhg Posts: 1 Newbie
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I am being persistently plagued with Bitcoin emails with Martin Lewis’s photo so I know they are scammers. I’ve tried blocking them, deleting all emails from them including trash but still they persist on a daily basis. Is there anything I can do to stop them?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Depending on your email provider, try setting up a spam filter with appropriate keywords. 
  • vacheron
    vacheron Posts: 1,604 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    edited 23 March 2021 at 11:16AM
    Options
    dunstonh said:

Think about it logically, Bitcoin is a type of currency. When someone gets scammed using regular money, do they try to claim it back from the Bank of England who issued the money as they had a "duty of care" not to let the scammer take your pile of £20 notes?  
    • The rich buy assets.
    • The poor only have expenses.
    • The middle class buy liabilities they think are assets.
    Robert T. Kiyosaki
  • sabretoothtigger
    sabretoothtigger Posts: 10,035 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 27 April 2021 at 3:09AM
    Options
    I'll give you a quick opinion and search briefly if you want to pm the company name to me or whatever.   Dunston is about right on this, its not just crypto that idea is a common avenue.

Depending on your email provider, try setting up a spam filter with appropriate keywords. 
    Use gmail for online forms etc.   They use their search engine to weed out more then most places will
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback