Amazon gift vouchers

I wonder if anyone else has been the subject of "highjacked" gift vouchers?
Purchased 2 £50 vouchers for my grandson's Christmas present. They were delivered to my son's address and handed over intact. They remained in his secure possession until the boys wanted to spend them a month ago. On entering the numbers, he was  informed that BOTH had been assigned to another account.
Amazon investigated and I was told but NOT confirmed in writing that they had been used fraudulently. However four days and 3 phone calls later, one with the poorest excuse for a manager I have encountered, they refused to refund me and referred me " to the bank." Two weeks later the card company issued a clawback.
Amazon have not responded to a formal complaint. 
To me this feels like an internal fraud and I wonder if I am not alone.

Comments

• Spank
    Spank Posts: 1,751 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Are the numbers hidden by a scratch off? If so were they still intact until used?
  • We tried to use Amazon voucher in January and it would not come up but then husband took out of packaging and scored off pattern to get code and it worked fine for us. It's a bit confusing. 
  • This was nothing to do with any scratch off code, so not cofusing! Besides which IF you had bothered to read what I posted, you will see that the cards had been assigned to another account, which an Amazon advisor admitted it was fraudulent use.
  • JamoLew
    JamoLew Posts: 1,800 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Spank said:
    Are the numbers hidden by a scratch off? If so were they still intact until used?
    Did you bother to read this as well - reckon any help you may have received is out the window (like your £100) now due to the "snappy" nature of your reply to someone who was trying to get information and help
  • JamoLew said:
    Spank said:
    Did you bother to read this as well - reckon any help you may have received is out the window (like your £100) now due to the "snappy" nature of your reply to someone who was trying to get information and help
    I wasn't seeking help and certainly not from people who can't be bothered to read! I was merely informing of a situation. bizarely handled by Amazon and enquiring whether this was more common than Amazon would like us to believe. JamoLew did you bother to read "Two weeks later the card company issued a clawback." My £100 is not "out the window" but back in the bank so please dont gloat or stress!..
  • Mine just failed to be accepted - my birthday present !
    I have tried to ask Amazon for help - but they refuse to talk to me as I am not the buyer
    The code is clear and not scratched at all
    DISGUSTING !!
  • marcia_
    marcia_ Posts: 1,739 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Mine just failed to be accepted - my birthday present !
    I have tried to ask Amazon for help - but they refuse to talk to me as I am not the buyer
    The code is clear and not scratched at all
    DISGUSTING !!
     Ask whoever gave them to you to sort it out as the poster above did. You have no rights to so as you didn't buy them 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.9K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback