Cancelled online order arrived - Advice needed

We ordered a laptop online and then proceeded to cancel the order via live chat as found it cheaper somewhere else. The original order shows as cancelled and no money has been taken from the payment card, however this morning the item was delivered (we didn't know what it was so accepted the delivery). Online account still shows as cancelled and no money pending from bank account, we contacted live chat again who just stated that the order wasn't cancelled.

My understanding is that the company would need to arrange collection at their cost and our convenience for the item as they sent it in error, however their system shows it as a standard order and not sent in error and see no issue. Obviously we would be happy to keep the item for free, but not sure where we legally stand. Is it up to the company to take the payment as the original transaction or arrange for collection, any advice welcome.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 11 March 2021 at 5:45PM
    How did you pay? I would inform the bank or cc that you cancelled the item with proof of cancellation, then inform the supplier that they have x number of days in which to collect the laptop asking them to give you 24 hours notice of their intended day/time of collection.
    Obviously the one thing you can't do is keep it.
    Was there a reason you didn't give the original supplier the opportunity to price match?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback