Vent at retailers covid hand sanitiser at the door

Anyone else notice that the hand sanitiser at the front door of a lot of shops is not smelling of alcohol and I doubt has any effect on covid.  The one I just used at Home Bargains left a sticky residue and smelled of nothing.  

Comments

• LadyDee
    LadyDee Posts: 4,293
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    I carry my own in a tube, as I found that some of the sanitisers provided were so runny they take ages to dry.
  • missile
    missile Posts: 11,679
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I avoid contact with the hand sanitisers others have used
    "A nation's greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members." ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Ride hard or stay home :iloveyou:
  • In one shop so much of the liquid came out after one squirt of it, that I was literally drenched in the stuff. 
  • donnac2558
    donnac2558 Posts: 3,606
    Forumite
    I have noticed a number of shops don't even have any.   I mentioned it to the staff at the counter and they just say they will tell the manager.
  • MovingForwards
    MovingForwards Posts: 16,819
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    My local supermarket doesn't have the pump action ones, it's now a case of picking the bottle up to use it. I carry my own small one and have a bigger bottle in the car.
    Mortgage started 2020, aiming to clear it in 2026.
  • Andy_L
    Andy_L Posts: 12,741
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    xxxxxxxx said:
    Anyone else notice that the hand sanitiser at the front door of a lot of shops is not smelling of alcohol and I doubt has any effect on covid.  The one I just used at Home Bargains left a sticky residue and smelled of nothing.  
    Are you sure you just haven't lost your sense of smell... :#

More seriously, alcohol free hand sanitisers are effective against Covid, assuming its a decent one rather than some ali-express cheapo
  • jon81uk
    jon81uk Posts: 3,750
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Worry more about other people and their breath and the ventilation in the store being adequate to remove anything in the air, covid transmits through aerosols, not surfaces. Wash your hands with soap when you get home and avoid touching your face, but don't be too concerned about sanitiser for Covid, as you are much much more likely to catch it from breath.
  • dinglebert
    dinglebert Posts: 1,224
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    xxxxxxxx said:

No not noticed that. 
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281
    Forumite
    Nor me but then again i don't need an alcohol fix from shops .
    neither do i take much notice of those that no nothing about Viri .
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback