Adjustments after VAT Refund on bill?

mac.d
mac.d Posts: 1,340
Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
Forumite
Before I attempt to contact British Gas, can anyone help with what this additional charge is on a bill from British Gas. It's the 'Refund' listed under 'Adjustments after VAT'. Although it says refund, it's actually an additional payment been added to the bill. And from the payments history I can see that as well as the usual 'gas payments' there is a separate 'outgoing payment' for £53.20?

Comments

• funinabox
    funinabox Posts: 28
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I have the same question relating to my bill today. Did you find out what this is by any chance?
  • Gerry1
    Gerry1 Posts: 9,728
    Forumite
    You should have included @mac.d otherwise the OP may not see it !
  • matt_drummer
    matt_drummer Posts: 1,312
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    mac.d said:
    Before I attempt to contact British Gas, can anyone help with what this additional charge is on a bill from British Gas. It's the 'Refund' listed under 'Adjustments after VAT'. Although it says refund, it's actually an additional payment been added to the bill. And from the payments history I can see that as well as the usual 'gas payments' there is a separate 'outgoing payment' for £53.20?

Have you checked your bank account to see if you have received a refund of £53.20?
  • funinabox
    funinabox Posts: 28
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Hi @mac.d,

Did you ever find out what this was please?
  • QrizB
    QrizB Posts: 13,627
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 28 January at 11:59AM
    @funinabox there have been other threads with the same phenomenon.
    Check your bank account. Did you receive an automatic credit refund from BG?
    There have also been threads where this has been due to BG moving customers from their old billing system to the new one. Do you know if your account has recently been moved?
    N. Hampshire, he/him. Octopus Go elec & Tracker gas / Shell BB / Lyca mobi. Ripple Kirk Hill member.
    2.72kWp PV facing SSW installed Jan 2012. 11 x 247w panels, 3.6kw inverter. 30MWh generated, long-term average 2.6 Os.
    Ofgem cap table, Ofgem cap explainer. Economy 7 cap explainer. Gas vs E7 vs peak elec heating costs.
  • mac.d
    mac.d Posts: 1,340
    Forumite
    funinabox said:
    Hi @mac.d,

Did you ever find out what this was please?
    Sorry it's that long ago I can't remember (also not my own bill I was looking at it for someone else)  :#
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.4K Life & Family
  • 246.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback