Paypal Xoom money transfer

I set up a PayPal credit account thinking I was going to be able to use my phone to pay for things when shopping. I transferred some money to Xoom thinking this was the system. I realise now that the Xoom is for transferring money abroad. I asked Xoom to cancel the transaction. They tell me that 30 minutes had expired so refund is not applicable. I have lost this money now. PayPal say I can only get the money back by contacting Xoom. I am stuck. Is there anything I can do. Thanks

Comments

• 2021BJ
    2021BJ Posts: 307 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Can't you just send the money from Xoom to your bank account?
  • paul2louise
    paul2louise Posts: 2,416 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    2021BJ said:
    It costs money to do this transfer. 
  • How much did you transfer and how much does it cost to transfer it back? 
  • 2021BJ
    2021BJ Posts: 307 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    edited 1 March 2021 at 11:52AM
    2021BJ said:
    I'm sure, but your claim was you have "lost this money now."  Clearly you haven't if you can transfer it to your bank account.

• paul2louise
    How much did you transfer and how much does it cost to transfer it back? 
    Cant transfer the money back, cant find any option to do it. It costs to close the account, and it costs £1.99 to transfer money to any account. Tried ringing them, "no-one to take your call at this time".
    i have done google search and not found any help anywhere. f it was on my credit card i would contact them but its paypal and they are all automated help process for buying an actual item and they say its up to me to contact xoom about the transaction.
  • George_Michael
    George_Michael Posts: 4,251 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    2021BJ said:
    Of course it will cost money as they are providing a money transfer service and if they did it for free, they wouldn't be in business for long.

To be honest, £1.99 is a small price to pay for not reading the T&C's and checking the applicable fees before making the initial payment to Xoom.
  • paul2louise
    2021BJ said:
    Cant transfer the money back, cant find any option to do it. It costs to close the account, and it costs £1.99 to transfer money to any account. Tried ringing them, "no-one to take your call at this time".
    i have done google search and not found any help anywhere. f it was on my credit card i would contact them but its paypal and they are all automated help process for buying an actual item and they say its up to me to contact xoom about the transaction.
    You don't have any chargeback rights, you paid for a service that you have now received (topping up your Xoom account with funds.)

Your only option is to transfer the funds out to your own account.

This is a lot of faffing around over £1.99
    yes i know. Just annoyed that i havent managed to do what i wanted to do. I just thought there might be way to reverse the transaction. 
  • MattMattMattUK
    MattMattMattUK Posts: 8,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    2021BJ said:
    You don't have any chargeback rights, you paid for a service that you have now received (topping up your Xoom account with funds.)

Your only option is to transfer the funds out to your own account.

This is a lot of faffing around over £1.99
    yes i know. Just annoyed that i havent managed to do what i wanted to do. I just thought there might be way to reverse the transaction. 
    You made a mistake, it has cost you £1.99, it is really not worth worrying about, just make sure you learn from it. 
  • mattyprice4004
    mattyprice4004 Posts: 7,492 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    There is a way to reverse it - pay the £1.99 and transfer it back. 
    All this drama and 'I've lost this money' over 2 quid?! 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback