LinkedIn Log In

Options
Is there any Account Protection via LinkedIn
I wanted a CV writing company to Log in using my credentials, yet the Contact cannot gain access.
t.i.a.
Replenished CRA Reports.2020 Nissan Leaf 128-149 miles top charge. Savings depleted. VM Stream tv M250 Volted to M350 then M500 since returned to 1gb

Comments

• dan958
    dan958 Posts: 770 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    You may have 2FA set up, but why do they have to log into your account? Surely they just write the CV and you can add it yourself?
  • Dandytf
    Dandytf Posts: 4,820 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    dan958 said:
    You may have 2FA set up, but why do they have to log into your account? Surely they just write the CV and you can add it yourself?
    Thanks Cover Letter and CV finalised today after a few days.
    I was asked if I'de like LinkedIn to be added.
    Not sure of the need as such, though from a registered cv company.
    I checked and don't have two step verification on, though at a loss of what's happening from external company.
    How can I make 2FA checks.
    Replenished CRA Reports.2020 Nissan Leaf 128-149 miles top charge. Savings depleted. VM Stream tv M250 Volted to M350 then M500 since returned to 1gb
  • PRAISETHESUN
    PRAISETHESUN Posts: 3,723 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Log in from a PC/device you haven't used before - if you get prompted for 2FA then you have it enabled.

That said, I wouldn't let some random third party access your account no matter how "legit" they appear. There's no need to give them full access to your account. If you must let them, then change your password to something random, then change it again immediately afterwards so they can't get back in at a later date without your knowledge, and also so they don't get to know your current password.
  • Sandtree
    Sandtree Posts: 10,628 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    dan958 said:
    I would assume that its so they can tailor your profile to be inline with the CV they've written for you. LinkedIn is normally more abridged than a full CV is and so not purely a case of copy/pasting. 

Personally have issues with any CV writing company however if you engage one you may as well get them to do the LinkedIn work too... though I'd be minded to ask them to provide the copy and paste it in myself rather than giving them access to my account and so contact list etc.
  • Dandytf
    Dandytf Posts: 4,820 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thanks mser's
    2FA verification isn't enabled.
    Though since received cv writing company LinkedIn e-mail Add.
    It could be possible to add as a new contact and allow access.
    I've a day or two yet.
    1st what's app interview earlier, maybe left it late in late 40's!
    My Non structured answers, maybe I got some useful in in.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback