Sun Holiday Covid Cancelation

Options
bowlesbargain
bowlesbargain Posts: 217 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary
I have a Sun holiday booked for the 15th of March this will be cancelled I contacted the site in Somerset and they state the newspaper will contact me re any cancellation or action to take but I was under the impression that it was for the park to tell me its cancelled and arrange a refund. Has anyone any knowledge how this should be done is the site correct should it be the Sun who contact me

Comments

• bowlesbargain
    Options
    Thanks. I visited the site yesterday it said the site should contact me which they did not. I contacted them they said it should be the newspaper. I sent them a screenshot to prove it should be them. They have now replied to say they have agreed with the newspaper that they should contact the customer to sort it out which is not what the sun site says. I will await Monday to see if the sun contact me. My break is less than two weeks away and no one takes the responsibility to tell me officially the holiday is cancelled
  • SPOWER
    SPOWER Posts: 283 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi.  I had booked a holiday with Parkdean Resorts and they have emailed to say this will not go ahead in April and that the newspaper will contact me.  I am hoping they do.  Please let us know how you get on.
  • bowlesbargain
    Options
    SPOWER said:
    Hi.  I had booked a holiday with Parkdean Resorts and they have emailed to say this will not go ahead in April and that the newspaper will contact me.  I am hoping they do.  Please let us know how you get on.
    I have also used the online question link on Sun Holiday site to ask the above questions. They will not see that till they are back to work Monday if I get a reply I will post it on this page. Thanks for your reply. 
  • smallblueplanet
    Options
    SPOWER said:
    This also is my experience, plus an email from the Sun with a link asking if I wanted to rebook, or ask for a refund. I looked to rebook but there's nothing I liked, so asked for a refund. The email suggests this should happen within 35 days.
    Parkdean said that they refund the 'other' payments such as 'service charge' and the Sun refund the original payment (less booking charge).
  • bowlesbargain
    Options
    I have just had the below reply from Sun Holidays will wait and see what they say when I get the E Mail
    Thank you for your recent correspondence

Al customers with bookings that are affected by the recent government update will be contacted shortly, advising you of your option

club950.co.uk
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure