Expidia

Hi All, in 2020 pre covid we booked a 3 night stay in a UK Hotel during April  through Expidia .
Due to Government restrictions we were unable to stay in the Hotel and we we given a coupon in our online Expidia  account stating that the coupon could only be used at the  Hotel and within 12 month .
As we had booked this Hotel for a specific reason we really do not wish to use the Hotel now so bottom line is ae we due to our money back??
I have tried asking this via Expidia on line chat but this appears to be occupied by " preventers" so not keen on using this aspect again.
Thank you for reading .

Keep in your thoughts the poor Beasts of burden around the World and curse All who do them harm.

Comments

• Assume you mean Expedia. !!!!!! is a "preventer"?
  • My experiance using Expidias online chat was very unhelpful and i felt that Not refunding was the priority. I would like to know how we stand consumer rights  style.
    Keep in your thoughts the poor Beasts of burden around the World and curse All who do them harm.
  • As I understand it, as you've accepted the voucher, that's it, you are not entitled to your money back.  That seemed to be the outcome for thousands of people who accepted vouchers for flights, hotels, etc.  Why did you accept the voucher back in April if you knew you didn't want to stay at the hotel at a later date?
  • i never Accepted it i was told i had it thats when i contacted live chat last year since then other stuff has took president .  
  • Aylesbury_Duck
    Aylesbury_Duck Posts: 13,986 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 26 February 2021 at 7:46PM
    In which case, you should point out that you didn't agree to a refund in the form of a voucher.  How did you pay in the first place?

I'm afraid leaving it for 10 months to come back to it won't help your case, but see what they say.  If you paid by credit card, they're your next recourse to see if they can help.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback