Unfair pooling and actions

Options
I have currently been selected to be tupe into an out sourcer and I am currently in quite a heated confrontation with my current HR team.
Now I am challenging the decision as I am a manager who looks after the team and does general high level activities.

The job being offered is of a business analyst/developer role and I stop being a developer 2 years ago.  The job description I have for it does not fit with my current job description or my day to day roles and responsibilities.

They are forcing me to choose between resigning or move to a reduced status role on which I very likely need training and support to be able to do the requires role.

Now I have a few grievances with the whole process:
- my team were notified while I was on holiday and one of them told me over text.  The company made no attempt to contact me till I raised it with my boss and at this point i told him my grandad died the day before.  On returning to work I agree with my manager to change these days to bereavement.  In my recent exchange with hr I brought this up and they are trying to cover themselves by saying they knew about my grandad but I have the trail proving otherwise as to them I was on holiday.
-my main grievance is the loss of status and forced to accept a role I which my current job description and responsibilities do not map and so far my request for this information has been ignored.
- for context 2 weeks after my grandad dieing I have now got the news that my dad's cancer has spread and he is on chemo to extend life.  We find out in 2 weeks if it working 😢. 
- on Monday I was requested to a discussion with head of department and HR which I would only describe as a one sided discussion where I would describe it as quite intimidating and was told my personal life is not rare in this set of circumstances the fact the transfer will happen possibly around alot of heart ache for me was irrelevant to them. Due to my personal circumstances and obvious heightened stress and anxiety level I do feel mislead in that meeting.  At no point was I told prior to the meeting or at the start of the meeting I could have a representative present for support and to help speak for me.  It felt like I was being told not asked for my side and I had to break off from the discussion as it was to much.

-they also told me that a decision would be preferable before notice was served to the rest of the team so they could make 1 of them take it 😲.   I did manage to get confirmation I can hand my notice in at any point up to transfer so I will hold out and continue to challenge this decision.

-i am aware of another team who got completely removed from the pool for similar job description dispute but they are refusing to do the same in this case.

It's not something I need at this time and the redundency money would allow me to have time with my family especially my youngest as she is still upset about her grandma/great grandad and sadly I will soon have to tell her about Grandad chances.

Comments

• Andy_L
    Andy_L Posts: 12,796 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    What do you want as an outcome?
    Redundancy payment?
    Keeping your old job title/role?
    Not transferring to the new company?
  • minority
    minority Posts: 155 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    If my only option is redundency then yes I have applied for internal roles but based on job description I can do the role but when they reject me or speak to me the job description changes.
    I am just trying to protect my rights to ensure I am not placed into a role which under tupe has to be similar in job role and responsibility.  I have no issue with the other party I just do not agree with outcome and there member of my team who directly align to the role.
    Redundency would be benefit purely for the financial security and respite this would give me during a difficult time.
  • minority
    minority Posts: 155 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Andy_L said:
    What do you want as an outcome?
    Redundancy payment?
    Keeping your old job title/role?
    Not transferring to the new company?
    I am also disappointed in the process and the way it has all been handled and alot of bad feeling between me but also the wider pool.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback