CDT Results

Options
Evening All,    My husband had to attend for a blood test on 21/1/21 to ascertain if he could get his driving licence back, we have received a letter today advising that he does not meet the medical standards but we have not received anything with what his CDT % were, does anyone know how we get these please - devastated.  Thank you.  Carol

Comments

• williamgriffin
    Options
    Carol1963 said:
    Evening All,    My husband had to attend for a blood test on 21/1/21 to ascertain if he could get his driving licence back, we have received a letter today advising that he does not meet the medical standards but we have not received anything with what his CDT % were, does anyone know how we get these please - devastated.  Thank you.  Carol
    Is this following a drink drive conviction?

If it is I'm not sure devastated is something everyone would agree with as he would have had at least nine months to sort is drinking out. Failing is obviously a sign of being an alcoholic and we're better off with him not being behind the wheel. 
  • lemondrops69
    Options
    I found this,

The DVLA use a traffic light system in regards to CDT levels when deciding whether to issue a driving licence to a high risk offender. High risk offenders whose CDT levels are:

• 2.1% CDT or less are considered to be in the green zone and will be considered as compatible for a driving licence to be issued.
    • between 2.2% - 2.9% CDT are considered to be in the amber zone which is considered to be indicative of possible problematic alcohol consumption, this will trigger further enquiries before a decision to issue a driving licence is made.
    • 3% CDT or more are considered to be in the red zone and will be refused a driving licence.
    If they didn't make further enquires then maybe it was over 3% CDT, which indicates heavy drinking over the the last 2-3 week.
    I hope your Dh is getting help, and yes probably better he doesnt drive at the moment 

https://www.drinkdriving.org/cdt-alcohol-test.php 
  • Carol1963
    Options
    Well Thank you 'williamgriffin' for your 'most helpful advice' why do you think is it a 'drink drive conviction' and it is classed as 'drink driving conviction' and for your information it is not.  I was asking for helpful advice not 'unhelpful' advice, if you cannot provide helpful advice then don't bother.  Also I would address your spelling/grammar as my Husband should be addressed as 'his' and not 'is'. 
  • Carol1963
    Options
    Thank you lemmondrops69 for your information, much appreciated.  Could you please advise if DVLA will tell you over the phone what the % results are or do you have to send a letter or can you email  Carol
  • williamgriffin
    Options
    Carol1963 said:
    Thank you lemmondrops69 for your information, much appreciated.  Could you please advise if DVLA will tell you over the phone what the % results are or do you have to send a letter or can you email  Carol
    But that information is of no use to you as it relates to excess alcohol offences. 
  • lemondrops69
    Options
    That I dont know. I've only read things on line and an elevated CDT is usually caused by excessive drinking, which if that is the case it needs to be addressed.
    I'm not judging
  • williamgriffin
    Options
    That I dont know. I've only read things on line and an elevated CDT is usually caused by excessive drinking, which if that is the case it needs to be addressed.
    I'm not judging
    You do realise that the readings you provided may not be relevant without the full history? The readings you gave were for someone with no history of alcohol abuse. If there is a history a different set apply. 
  • AdrianC
    AdrianC Posts: 42,189 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Carol1963 said:
    Well Thank you 'williamgriffin' for your 'most helpful advice' why do you think is it a 'drink drive conviction' and it is classed as 'drink driving conviction' and for your information it is not.  I was asking for helpful advice not 'unhelpful' advice, if you cannot provide helpful advice then don't bother.  Also I would address your spelling/grammar as my Husband should be addressed as 'his' and not 'is'. 
    It's very simple. CDT is a test that's required for high risk offenders before their licence return.

High risk means two drink-drive convictions within 10 years or a very high level when he was tested.

High CDT levels mean his average intake over the last few weeks has been high.

It is not black and white, but it is based on solid science.

If he wants his licence back, he needs to make a choice.
  • williamgriffin
    Options
    AdrianC said:
    Carol1963 said:
    It's very simple. CDT is a test that's required for high risk offenders before their licence return.

High risk means two drink-drive convictions within 10 years or a very high level when he was tested.

High CDT levels mean his average intake over the last few weeks has been high.

It is not black and white, but it is based on solid science.

If he wants his licence back, he needs to make a choice.
    But remember in this case the husband hasn't been done for drink drive. 😉😉😉
  • GrumpyDil
    GrumpyDil Posts: 1,641 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    OP.jus wondering what the story behind the issue is then. From a quick Google CDT tests are used to assess alcohol usage. If the issue isn't related to drink driving then what is it related to? Knowing the context may help you get more appropriate responses. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback