trying to clear partner's CCJ at mo to get a credit card in his name...

Options
but need a bit of info on how to clear CCJ . basically he got one through the dvla saying they had not received the sorn document. i think there is a fine of £80 - though we did send it through. i wonder if rather than go to court - to set the judgement aside - which could take some time with xmas etc if we could clear this up by calling dvla and paying this up and then askign that they take this off their credit file? does also settling an account - such a fine they think we have - sort out the CCJ and coudl we clear it up this way? any tips appreciated. thanks in advance.

Comments

• CLAPTON
    CLAPTON Posts: 41,865 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    can you be a lot more precise...dates etc and what exactly happened

did he receive the court papers
    did he attend court

etc
  • Deals_2
    Deals_2 Posts: 2,410 Forumite
    Options
    knew about anything being done against him. we went to our local court to get files to fill in to see about getting judgement set aside - so will do these papers too. the local courts told us that a lot of people in the area have also complained they are not receiving their mail!!! so looks like we are not the only ones. can the dvla if we pay this fine which they say we owe (rather than have the grief -maybe the fastest way to get on track to get a credit card etc for him)can they lift the CCJ directly or does one have to go through the whole courts procedure? i just think he wont be able to get a loan or credit card otherwise. thanks in advance.
    CLAPTON wrote: »
    can you be a lot more precise...dates etc and what exactly happened

did he receive the court papers
    did he attend court

etc
  • CLAPTON
    CLAPTON Posts: 41,865 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    you need to apply to the court to have the judgement set aside on the grounds you didn't receive the court papers
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure