We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Paperwork from solicitors after house ourchase
English_60
Posts: 1 Newbie
Hi I bought my house in April 2020 and have still not had my paperwork from my solicitor all I have had was the the bill I have contacted them on 4 occasions about this but still not got anything what can I do to get them released from the solicitor
0
Comments
-
What paperwork are you expecting?
2 -
You could always pay £3 to see if the LR have updated ownership to yourself, otherwise as above, what paperwork?"It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land/Estate Agents"
G_M/ Bowlhead99 RIP0 -
We got the searches, a couple of certificates, most had been emailed to us and a copy of our land registry entry.
We were offered storage for a fee, but collected them.
0 -
IP should have received copies of searches, certificates (boiler warranties etc?) etc before Exchange as part of the conveyancing and their decision-making process.Land Registry entries are taking a long time, but as suggested, for £3 you can check if your ownership has been registered yet.You do, of course, have a right to your complete file, though solicitors may charge a fee for copying/sending it.0
-
If it was a new build or previously unregistered then it could still be with us waiting to be completed. What have they said each time you contacted them?English_60 said:Hi I bought my house in April 2020 and have still not had my paperwork from my solicitor all I have had was the the bill I have contacted them on 4 occasions about this but still not got anything what can I do to get them released from the solicitorIf they’ve confirmed it’s still with us then just wait for them to notify you once done. You bought it in April 2020 and if it’s with us to register then bear with us and the solicitor as your purchase and ownership are protected.“Official Company Representative
I am the official company representative of Land Registry. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
