We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Contacting British Gas - Is anybody out there?

Recently I had a red letter asking for payment of an invoice several months old. I guessed it was for the simple job of switching back on the gas supply following an annual gas inspection which noticed a missing knob from the cooker hob. After two months of asking for them to come back and return supply to hob they eventually did.

As I had recieved no invoice for this I wanted to contact BG to ask for a copy of the invoice.

"if you have any queries about this account phone .. .. .. ." which I did and sends you round the houses with automated selections which on three occasions returned me back to square on.

Hmm - get on the web site - online contact - https://www.britishgas.co.uk/Help_Advice/ContactUs/ - completed form - press submit - message ERROR! grrrrrrr

However two weeks later i did recieve an email reply apologising for delay. I wrote back to explain my grievances about contact and no original invoice also raising an eyebrow at the £107 for a chap to turn a lever.

JOY - I have faith restored - the reply a week later agreed sloppy service and waived the fee.
Hurrah British Gas :T how often do you hear that?
Let the wind free, where e'r you may be.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.