Disney+ renewal - any way to avoid the price increase?

Hi,

Like many I signed up to the great deal Disney+ were offering if you signed up in advance of them going live last year.

I'd like to keep it as we've got loads of use from it but I noticed the price goes up next week.  However, I can't see any way to pay now for another year and it looks like they just take the money from me automatically when my year is up which is after the price increase.  Aside from cancelling and signing up again (which also would be a waste as I'd have two accounts running concurrently for around a month) does anyone know of any smart way to get another year for £49.99 or less?

Comments

• Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 8,906 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 15 February 2021 at 2:41PM
    "Existing customers will see the price changes take force at their first monthly or annual renewal after 23 August 2021. New monthly and annual sign-ups will see the increased prices from 23 February 2021. As long as you [have] sign up by by 22 February 2021, you'll be able to subscribe for the old price of £59.99 for the full year, so you won't see a price rise until February 2022"

So in other words:  If you signed up in April 2020 at £49.99, your new rate from April 2021 will be £59.99.  April 2022's renewal will go up to £80, assuming nothing else changes in the meantime.
  • niktheguru
    niktheguru Posts: 1,476 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Yep Neil is absolutely right. For those of us that subscribed when they launched we will not be paying the increased rate.
    However, if you pay monthly it may be wise to convert it to an annual subscription so you can lock the discount for another year.
  • jon81uk
    jon81uk Posts: 3,773 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Yep as above, if you are already paying for annual, you will get another year for £60 in March. Then in 2022 you pay the £80 price.

If paying monthly then its £5.99 through to August and £7.99 from then on.
  • pphillips
    pphillips Posts: 1,631 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Does the August price increase apply to those paying for Disney+ through 02?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback