Redundancy/Early Release Query

odollybird
odollybird Posts: 198
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Forumite
edited 12 February 2021 at 11:32AM in Redundancy & redundancy planning
Good Morning, 
I have had my 2nd and final consultation this morning regarding redundancy,  i have been at the company 3.5 years, so i have 3 weeks notice period to do, and will have accrued 5 day holiday to be paid in part of notice period,  I've been told my redundancy will take effect  from 5.3.21. My redundancy will be paid at 1.5 weeks per full year (so x3) . 
I am currently on full furlough and they have said i no longer need to go into the office before i leave. 
I have had interview/s 1 & 2  for another job which sounds promising (find out today )  but they are wondering if there would be an opportunity for me to start any earlier with them say a week earlier so i would start on the 1st March, how would this affect my redundancy entitlement.  

Comments

• lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,452
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    In theory it shouldn't affect your redundancy entitlement. If you have a good employer they may be quite willing for you to leave a week early, especially as it may save them a few pounds
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
  • getmore4less
    getmore4less Posts: 46,882
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've helped Parliament
    Forumite
    Looks like they are putting you on garden leave(100%pay not furlough).

Could ask for PILON.
    Could use counter notice to leave early.

• Steve182
    Steve182 Posts: 623
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 16 February 2021 at 10:47PM
    Can you take the 5 days holiday owing as actual holiday not ££ and leave 1 week earlier?
    “Like a bunch of cod fishermen after all the cod’s been overfished, they don’t catch a lot of cod, but they keep on fishing in the same waters. That’s what’s happened to all these value investors. Maybe they should move to where the fish are.”   Charlie Munger, vice chairman, Berkshire Hathaway
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.4K Life & Family
  • 246.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback