Virgin Media/moving house still in contract not available

Hi, I know that they will probably want the remaining contract from me, but has anyone had any sucess in negotiating with VM?
I would love to keep them but they are not available at my new address and I have 4 months left on my contract

Any tips welcomed, thank you

Comments

• Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 8,805
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Hi, I know that they will probably want the remaining contract from me, but has anyone had any sucess in negotiating with VM?
    I would love to keep them but they are not available at my new address and I have 4 months left on my contract

If you don't want to pay 4 months exit fees, don't move.  Is the best tip going unfortunately.
    This complaint comes up quite regularly.  In a nutshell, not Virgin's fault you're moving to an area they don't supply to.
  • Hi, I know that they will probably want the remaining contract from me, but has anyone had any sucess in negotiating with VM?

If you don't want to pay 4 months exit fees, don't move.  Is the best tip going unfortunately.
    This complaint comes up quite regularly.  In a nutshell, not Virgin's fault you're moving to an area they don't supply to.
    I realise it is not their fault, in the spirit of MSE I was looking to see if anyone had any sucess in negotiating a less painful exit  - I actually thought they would supply to the area I am moving to as it is in the same postcode, I will obviously pay the exit fee/remain of contract if need be, but as I said in the spirit of MSE I was looking for any tips that people had to offer.
  • Hi, I know that they will probably want the remaining contract from me, but has anyone had any sucess in negotiating with VM?

I realise it is not their fault, in the spirit of MSE I was looking to see if anyone had any sucess in negotiating a less painful exit  - I actually thought they would supply to the area I am moving to as it is in the same postcode, I will obviously pay the exit fee/remain of contract if need be, but as I said in the spirit of MSE I was looking for any tips that people had to offer.
    there is actually a reduction of 19% for early disconnection in the last 4 months, so that is something at least :-) 

extension lead ?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.4K Life & Family
  • 246.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure