My mum has been working at a supermarket for 39 years. She is now at risk of redundancy. she is currently on a 29 hour a week contract. They have been told to apply for jobs that were released last week. The jobs released last week were all 12 hour a week jobs with terrible overnight hours nothing like her current contract. She has been told if she doesn’t apply for one of these jobs she’s ruling herself out of redundancy. She has had no formal one to one with anyone to talk her through the process.
Can anyone advise her rights if she doesn’t apply for a new job as they are not suitable.
We are confused as to what to advise her to do.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors
- All Categories
- 341.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 449.1K Spending & Discounts
- 233.8K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 172.3K Life & Family
- 246.7K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 15.8K Discuss & Feedback
- 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards