Osteoporosis Support

The wife has been diagnosed with Osteoporosis and has regular DXA scans and an infusion. She finds swallowing pills difficult so was on a liquid Calcium / Magnesium D2 Citrate medicine by a US company called Bluebonnet she could only obtain from the Netherlands. Brexit seems to have scuppered that option as they are currently not delivering to UK. She found the original  source in USA but again, there seems to be delivery issues. Does anybody know a supplier or a UK alternative?

Replies

• donnac2558donnac2558 Forumite
    3.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    But the prescription calcium/vit D you chew them and do not sallow whole.   I have to take them twice a day.
  • northwest1965northwest1965 Forumite
    2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    If she is looking for some good support, I can recommend a site on facebook Osteoporosis UK only
    Loved our trip to the West Coast USA. Death Valley is the place to go!
  • suejb2suejb2 Forumite
    1.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    I saw ,on Instagram a different approach to swallowing tablets.  The old way of tablet in mouth , a swig of water then lift your chin upwards has been improved with dropping your chin down. This opens the throat and the tablets swish down with water. As you can tell with my terminology : swig ; swish I am not medically trained but it works for me taking my iron tabs.
    Life is like a bath, the longer you are in it the more wrinkly you become.
  • Raspberry_QueenRaspberry_Queen Forumite
    90 Posts
    Fourth Anniversary 10 Posts Name Dropper
    Try vitamin C powder, some people say that osteoporosis is scurvy of the bones. 
  • cymruchriscymruchris Forumite
    2.6K Posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    My dad had chewable tablets for this that he'd take twice a day. Have you spoken to your doctor to see what alternatives are available?
    An ex-bankrupt on a journey of recovery. Feel free to send me a DM reference credit building credit cards from the usual suspects :) Happy to help others going through what I've been through!
  • 1977dave1977dave Forumite
    81 Posts
    10 Posts Name Dropper First Anniversary
    I was diagnosed with Osteoporosis 9 years ago and all I've ever taken is chewable adcal tablets that I get on prescription

Couldn't your wife just chew them and then take a drink of water