Noticed some changes? You can read all about the improvements we've made on the Forum in our latest announcement. We also have a new set of Forum rules so please take the time to give them a read and familiarise yourself.

Advice please on Ideal logic Max 30 versus Bosh Worcester Greenstar 30

Hello everyone I hope I find you well I haven’t been here for a long while but I hope you can give me advice as at the moment I have a bosh Worcester and never really had any trouble but it’s ready for a new boiler but the guy who wants to fit a new boiler likes the ideal and given 10 years warranty but the bosh Worcester only 7 I have never had an ideal boiler what would your advice be, it’s a lot of money and I don’t want to make a mistake. Thank you all so much I will come back in a few days to check back giving time for you lovely people to give advice x x take care everyone x x
2016 Jan Wins: 9ct white Gold Diamond Necklace £530.00, Doro Easy phone. April: Hotel Chocolat Easter Egg. May: £1,000 spend @ laredoute. June: Alton towers family Ticket & In the Night Garden Toy.

Replies

• merseymersey Forumite
    834 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    I have the Bosch Greenstar 30,had it now 21 months no problems came with 10 year warranty.My advice would be to shop around accredited installers.
  • edited 31 January at 1:08PM
    southcoastrgisouthcoastrgi Forumite
    6.3K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 31 January at 1:08PM
    personally I wouldn't fit either, logics are crap, if you haven't had any problems with your old boiler why is it time for a new one 🤔
    I'm only here while I wait for Corrie to start.

You get no BS from me & if I think you are wrong I WILL tell you.
  • neilmclneilmcl Forumite
    18.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree with the above, who is telling you you need a new boiler?
  • HasbeenHasbeen Forumite
    4.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    How old is your existing Bosch? Why is it time for a new boiler if you have never had any problems with it.

If it was on its last legs with ongoing problems,  I would go for Vaillant.

If not get it serviced by someone who is not trying to sell you a new boiler.
    The world is not ruined by the wickedness of the wicked, but by the weakness of the good. Napoleon
  • oddiesoddies Forumite
    10K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you everyone  :) The Reason I wanted a new boiler is because it’s coming up to 10 years old and because I am disabled I need the heating on most of the time, I am just worried if the boiler starts having problems I could be without any heating and my body just couldn’t cope so thought it best to buy a new one, it may seem extreme to some but I need the heating. I will discuss everything with my husband but thank you all very much x x take care everyone  :)
    2016 Jan Wins: 9ct white Gold Diamond Necklace £530.00, Doro Easy phone. April: Hotel Chocolat Easter Egg. May: £1,000 spend @ laredoute. June: Alton towers family Ticket & In the Night Garden Toy.
  • neilmclneilmcl Forumite
    18.1K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    10 years is nothing in the life of a good, working boiler. What's to say that you spend all this money replacing it and the new boiler has a fault.
  • roddydogsroddydogs Forumite
    7.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is if its a condenser, 10yrs is a long time.
  • edited 2 February at 1:53PM
    neilmclneilmcl Forumite
    18.1K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 2 February at 1:53PM
    roddydogs said:
    It is if its a condenser, 10yrs is a long time.
    Why do you say that?

Condenser or not, a well maintained, regularly serviced, combi boiler can easily last 10 years and much more. There really isn't any MSE reason to "upgrade" a 10 year old working boiler, quite the opposite.
  • alan_dalan_d Forumite
    323 Posts
    Third Anniversary 100 Posts Mortgage-free Glee!
    ✭✭
    oddies said:
    I am just worried if the boiler starts having problems I could be without any heating 
    So buy a few electric heaters, so that in the event that the boiler fails, you can use them while yours is repaired or replaced.
    This is a classic case of 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it'!
    Just get it serviced, and maybe ask the service guy what parts typically fail on your model - you could always buy 1 of each part he suggests so that in the event it does fail, you won't have any delays getting parts.