Flat pack bed had already been used

Options
Hello there. I’m looking for some consumer advice please. I ordered a children’s flat pack bed online, had it delivered and went to build it. 
Upon opening it, it became obvious the hardware had already been opened and the first five pieces to come out had already had screw holes in. It was then we realised that the tape on the side of the box was parcel tape, not the clear tape on the rest of the box. 
The company who sold it said they will only replace damaged pieces and send missing parts, but I maintain that we don’t know how much is missing (the instructions also weren’t there) and I just want them to take it back and send a brand new sealed bed. I think what they have done is illegal as this is effectively second hand, but they say I can’t prove it wasn’t me that partially built it. I say the tape on the box proves this and I also photographed everything step by step and sent these to them the night we opened the box. Any advice on where I stand? Please be kind! 

Comments

• Aylesbury_Duck
    Options
    You bought it online so you have rights to return it within 14 days of delivery for a refund.  If you threaten to exercise that right, they might change their mind.
  • Jlwool
    Options
    Thank you. I did try that but they just kept saying it wasn’t their policy and keep asking for photos of the item.  I will keep pushing though! 
  • Aylesbury_Duck
    Options
    Remind them that their policy can't detract from your consumer rights, it can only enhance them (and at least preserve them).
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback