Change of circumstances

I have had a recent diagnosis of blood cancer do i have to inform the DWP ( my best friends) of this.

Replies

• CosmoChicCosmoChic Forumite
    60 Posts
    Fourth Anniversary 10 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I do not know the situation regarding informing the DWP, I imagine it would depend entirely on the benefits you receive though?
    I'm sure someone knowledgeable will be along soon to give you a definite answer regarding informing DWP.
    I just really wanted to say I'm sorry to hear about your diagnosis and I hope you are receiving the best treatment available. 

In the meantime, take care.
  • Gig1968 said:
    I have had a recent diagnosis of blood cancer do i have to inform the DWP ( my best friends) of this.
     No BUT if you are wanting them to review your award yes you will have to. Not knowing what benefits you get that's the best advice you'll get. 
  • MalMonroeMalMonroe Forumite
    4.4K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    I'm really sorry to hear about your diagnosis. Having had dealings with DWP in the past, I understand how you feel about them but what I learned was that it's best to just tell them everything. Sometimes it affects things, sometimes it doesn't but at least they have had notification and they can make a note on your file. 

I hope things will improve for you and wish you all the best x
    Please note that comments are strictly my own opinion, intended to help - never hinder. If they do not help then please ignore as the intention of the forum is to help everyone, if possible. MSE forum rules clearly state "no two people have the same circumstances or experiences and it is up to you to investigate, check and check again before you make any decisions or take any action based on information you glean from our community. Remember, don't rely on what you are reading. Verify it and protect yourself. You are responsible for any action you consequently make." It's always best to verify everything. Inappropriate comments will be reported, as per the Forum rules.
  • Spoonie_TurtleSpoonie_Turtle Forumite
    3.6K Posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    _shel said:
    Gig1968 said:
     No BUT if you are wanting them to review your award yes you will have to. Not knowing what benefits you get that's the best advice you'll get. 
    Seconded.  Will it potentially affect you to the point that you might be eligible for a higher award (assuming ESA/UC and/or PIP)?  What benefits are you currently claiming?

I am sorry to hear about your diagnosis.  I hope treatment helps as much as possible.