Worcester bosch

Options
Boiler set at 75°  is the economical.  Different advice on internet. Anyone got green Star 30i.
Cheers

Comments

• cheapychappy
    Options
    If you download the manual from Manual - Worcester Greenstar 30i Gas Boiler (manuall.co.uk) and go to page 14 it will show how to set the economic temperature for the central heating. I have the Greenstar 30i and mine is set at 61 degrees. Hope this helps.
  • Cardew
    Cardew Posts: 29,038 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    edited 28 January 2021 at 3:21PM
    Options
    Doesn't matter what type of condensing boiler. The general principle is to have the water at as low a temperature as possible, whilst still keeping the rooms at the temp you require. 75C might be necessary when very cold outside, but generally that would be too high.

More sophisticated CH systems have weather compensation which alters the water temperature according to the outside ambient temperature.
  • matelodave
    matelodave Posts: 8,613 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Personally I'd set it to 60 and see how you get on, if that's not enough then tweak it up to 65. As everyone says the cooler you can run it the closer it is to operating in its condensing mode and the less it will cost to run.
    Running it cooler will mean that the rads wont get quite as hot and it might take a bit longer to get the rooms  up to temperature but it should reduce your energy consumption a bit
    Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large numbers
  • daveyjp
    daveyjp Posts: 12,569 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Our boiler is set at 55 degrees.   Rads nice and warm and no issue reaching the stat temp in a reasonable time.
  • Silverbird65
    Options
    Hi all thanks for that info I have set to 61°. So I will see how it goes. You have all been great help,😊
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback